Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Both are awesome.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Finally re-visited this movie after having an odd curiosity to watch it properly. Definitely worth it! Mulholland Drive, much like Enemy plays out the fantasy created in the mind of the main character "Betty/Diane". Many tense moments and lots of madness to unravel...Such a great movie to come out of the early 2k's.

5 / 5

Loved it!

Slaughterhouse-five, George Roy Hill.

A couple years ago I find Kurt Vonnegut's book laying on a bus seat, abandoned. I made it mine and read it, and now I finally watched the movie they made from it.
Billy Pilgrim becomes unstuck in time ( I love this definition) and can relive moments from his life, mainly the bad moments (even tho some really naughty voyeur aliens from planet Tralfamadore teach him that only the happy moments are worth remembering) such as a plane crash, a POW camp and the bombing of Dresden, jumping effortlessly from one to the other.
The movie has its good moments but it lacks in unforgettable moments. I loved the scene at the drive-in, but I doubt I'll remember it in one year, same for the nice image towards the end of Billy buried underneath a clock. The best thing is probably the clever editing in the scenes when Billy travels in time, with elements like a movement or a sound which are presented in the next scene in a completely different context.
This movie also features, in no particular order of preference: good soundtrack, boobs, a cute dog.

PS: to the guy who sent me the message on how to do the popcorn rating: thanks, I cant' answer you because I still can't send private messages being the newbie that I am.

Yeah sure, but wouldn't you say that it is much more similiar to Taxi Driver in style, character, theme and feel? To me it honestly almost feels like an unconnected sequel of some sort, a modern version of Taxi Driver.
In this post I agreed with Sexy Celebrity in the sense that I also didn't think Nightcrawler and Taxi Driver had many similarities. You should read the small conversation and share your thoughts.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Following
-

For a micro-budget film debut this film is extremely impressive. Considering how tiny the budget is the film still manages to build a decent atmosphere and have a quite interesting story. The sad part however is that after this and Memento Nolan went completely down hill. Regardless of my indifference towards the majority of his filmography, I remain impressed with this debut.

Interstellar 8/10
Matt Damon was awful in it but the rest was good... I enjoyed and I didn't even realize it ran almost 3 hours. I like the atmosphere that Nolan creates... it kinda reminded me a bit of Inception.

Midnight Run, Martin Brest.

Ah, I love this movie. How could I not?! I enjoy buddy movies a lot, and this is a cleverly written, cleverly acted and cleverly directed one. De Niro and Grodin have a great chemistry together, which makes the unlikely friendship between a bounty hunter and a hundred thousand dollars worth accountant extremely believable.
What's unbelievable instead, is how you were allowed to smoke anywhere back in the 80s. De Niro has a cigarette in his mouth basically in every shot, even on a bus.

Interstellar 8/10
Matt Damon was awful in it but the rest was good..
What was so bad about him? I thought he played his role pretty well and had a good element of surprise to it.

Master of My Domain
Nightcrawler

As Matt said a page or so earlier this film is pretty similar to There Will be Blood in a lot of aspects. There were some exciting moments but overall the movie bored me and the only thing that is worth the tons of praise is the performance of the lead actor, in which the case of Nightcrawler is Gyllenhaal's performance. Honestly, he really deserved at least an oscar nod. The way the dark and ominous night looks is awesome and is used really well, but is it used to to keep me excited? Didn't feel like it did to me.

-

Purple Noon (1960) - Rene Clement

To put it simply, Anthony Minghella made a better version.

7 out of 10

The Social Network

One of the modern ages closest to being a perfect masterpiece. This film is just sublime in every way and is endlessly rewatchable. Fincher is a master.

9.5/10

Top Five

Surprisingly good. Very humorous in parts, and felt very similar to Birdman with a more comedic edge.

7.5/10

A Perfect World (1993)

Thoughts posted in the Hall of Fame thread.
I watched this for the first time recently. I didn't think much of Eastwood's performance as the almost completely inept redneck cop, and I wouldn't really describe Laura Dern as an actor to be honest. But Costners performance saved it from being a 3 star to a 3 and a half star film for me.

A system of cells interlinked
I watched this for the first time recently. I didn't think much of Eastwood's performance as the almost completely inept redneck cop, and I wouldn't really describe Laura Dern as an actor to be honest. But Costners performance saved it from being a 3 star to a 3 and a half star film for me.
Dern is fantastic, and Eastwood totally nails his role as well. A Perfect World is Costner's best film, and Eastwood was at the top of his game as far as directing. Great, great movie.

Dern is fantastic, and Eastwood totally nails his role as well. A Perfect World is Costner's best film, and Eastwood was at the top of his game as far as directing. Great, great movie.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, even though I'm right.

The Hustler (1961) Repeat viewing

I've always loved this movie, and if there was more in the pool hall, this would be a 5 star movie for me. I relate to it well, as at one time the drinking, smoking, and gambling all night was my element. It's just that when it's not in the pool hall, it really drags for me. Paul Newman, George C. Scott, and Piper Laurie are all great in this, but Jackie Gleason makes this movie. There's a reason Orson Welles nicknamed him the great one. Wow. He has a presence and air about him that's almost unmatched. It's too bad he wasn't more of a movie star. In that regard, he kind of reminds me of Welles.

What was so bad about him? I thought he played his role pretty well and had a good element of surprise to it.
I didn't like his acting and him in that role.. because the character is terrible... it's like it's from another movie, it doesn't fit at all with the whole feel of the movie and it's distracting. Oh here comes the crazy bad guy trying to kill everyone cause he's been on his own for so long and his survival instincts kick in and he wants to go home. To be honest Matt Damon kinda sucks lately cause he keeps picking bad roles. Don't get me wrong, I used to like Damon quite a lot when he used to to be good in movies like Bourne. Good Will Hunting and The Departed.