Movies you've been meaning to see for ages?

Tools    

Ohh...one of these days I'll see Taxi Driver.

What's Nashville about?
I should see Taxi Driver too one day - I've loved all of Scorsese's movies that I've seen so far; possibly my favorite director

So many. However, the one that's at an "I can't believe you've not see that" level is To Kill A Mockingbird.

Just to bash 2001, because I rarely miss an opportunity, I've tried to watch that seven times and only managed it twice. The last being just a couple of weeks ago and, rather than gaining an appreciation of it, I found new things to annoy me.

Paths Of Glory is my favourite Kubrick and that isn't saying much. It is, however, miles better than anything else of his that I've seen.

Oh, and La Haine is really good. Get it seen, Henry.
I've never seen To Kill a Mockingbird either.

Captain Phillips.

For some reason the subtitles won't work and I feel like I'll miss important aspects of the movie.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Ohh...one of these days I'll see Taxi Driver.

What's Nashville about?
It's one of those American microcosm films. If you love Citizen Kane, I think you'll really love this. It was made during Watergate, it revolves around the lives of 24 people, but it's so easy and clear to follow. It's just amazing.

I'd like to watch Ishtar but it's not available via netflix, youtube, or the public library.
I also wouldn't mind rewatching Pure Luck but it's not available either.

You guys have no excuse for some of these movies you haven't seen
Ishtar came on cable last night, I have it on DVR now!
What a treat I finally get to see this movie that is renowned for how bad it is

Then again I recently watched "Dumb and Dumber to" and "Catwoman" and I enjoyed both. Neither were as bad as i'd been lead to believe.

Ishtar came on cable last night, I have it on DVR now!
What a treat I finally get to see this movie that is renowned for how bad it is

Then again I recently watched "Dumb and Dumber to" and "Catwoman" and I enjoyed both. Neither were as bad as i'd been lead to believe.
I watched Pure Luck today on Comcast On Demand, if you have that.

I watched Pure Luck today on Comcast On Demand, if you have that.
Verizon "FiosQuantumTV" here
Was it your first time watching? I haven't seen that movie since I was a young teenager

Verizon "FiosQuantumTV" here
Was it your first time watching? I haven't seen that movie since I was a young teenager
Yes, Destiny nominated it for the Comedy Hall of Fame. It was better than I expected.

Out 1, noli me tangere.

It's long and everytime I plan on devoting a good chunk of a long weekend to it something happens. Last time there was a storm that knocked out my power for 12 hours. I can't remember what happened the time before that, but something happened. It's like it's cursed. I wonder what will happen next time. I do plan on watching it before the end of year, though. Enough is enough, I just need 4ish hours a day for three consecutive days and I'm good to go.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Yes, Destiny nominated it for the Comedy Hall of Fame. It was better than I expected.
Cool. I remember liking it a lot but you never know when you rewatched something as an adult.

Funny how long it took to be available on DVD. not until a few years ago, strange considering it's famous cast.

So many. However, the one that's at an "I can't believe you've not see that" level is To Kill A Mockingbird.

Just to bash 2001, because I rarely miss an opportunity, I've tried to watch that seven times and only managed it twice. The last being just a couple of weeks ago and, rather than gaining an appreciation of it, I found new things to annoy me.

Paths Of Glory is my favourite Kubrick and that isn't saying much. It is, however, miles better than anything else of his that I've seen.

Oh, and La Haine is really good. Get it seen, Henry.
I think my "Can't believe you've never seen that!" movies are Lawrence of Arabia and On the Waterfront...now that I think about it, I haven't seen To Kill a Mockingbird either. So glad to learn that I'm not the only who was less than impressed with 2001.

I think my "Can't believe you've never seen that!" movies are Lawrence of Arabia and On the Waterfront...now that I think about it, I haven't seen To Kill a Mockingbird either. So glad to learn that I'm not the only who was less than impressed with 2001.
On The Waterfront was my favorite movie my senior year in high school. I went to the mall to buy it after I heard about it, never having seen it. 5 minutes later, I got into a horrible car accident, totaled the car, then watched "On The Waterfront" and was amazed so much, I watched it again.

Seven

It's been sitting on my DVD shelf for years. One day, I'll get to it....

One of these days I really must get around to watching Life Of Pi. It's been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years.
Good to see a few others who share my dislike of 2001. If I were to make up a list of the films which I find virtually unwatchable it would not only include 2001, but also pretty much every film that Kubrick made. Why he is considered by so many as one of the great film makers, I have to say is beyond me. Apart from being a very good cure for insomnia, I find nothing of value in anything of his that I have seen.

One of these days I really must get around to watching Life Of Pi. It's been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years.
Good to see a few others who share my dislike of 2001. If I were to make up a list of the films which I find virtually unwatchable it would not only include 2001, but also pretty much every film that Kubrick made. Why he is considered by so many as one of the great film makers, I have to say is beyond me. Apart from being a very good cure for insomnia, I find nothing of value in anything of his that I have seen.
then i assume you haven't seen full metal jacket

I've wanted to see "La Grande Illusion" after seeing it was a favorite of Orson Welles and Pauline Kael... I watched it early one morning, about 5am, I'm sure I wasn't in the best mood.. I remembered the lighting was horrible, making some of the subtitles to see difficult - should have been in yellow (as some others were during that time)... I think I might have given it a 5/10 when I saw it.