Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (1963)
There are three short stories here. All starring Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni, about; men and women! Recommended! Beautiful movie!

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Sh*t. It's only been a month but I nearly ruined my "movie a day" today because of a busy day and Super Bowl... Luckily the great Buster Keaton saved me with Sherlock Jr. and a runtime just fitting inside of the feature film length...

Thank God. Anyways, great film!

Now, I'm really curious about Umbrellas Of Cherbourg.
Sean how do you feel about older musicals in general?
Not generally a huge fan, but there are exceptions. I seem to like the ones that have fantastical elements like Wizard Of Oz or Mary Poppins the most. This reminded me more of West Side Story. When they are going for a realism I get lost, just basically making fun of it in my head the whole time. I was hopeful after seeing Cricket's score for it a while back that this would feel different. It didn't for me.

Not generally a huge fan, but there are exceptions. I seem to like the ones that have fantastical elements like Wizard Of Oz or Mary Poppins the most. This reminded me more of West Side Story. When they are going for a realism I get lost, just basically making fun of it in my head the whole time. I was hopeful after seeing Cricket's score for it a while back that this would feel different. It didn't for me.
So you can't appreciate opera either then?

That's cool... it seems a lot of people don't like musicals that are reality based and then burst into song, it just seems odd. I'll give it a shot and see.

Tokugawa onna keibatsu-emaki: Ushi-zaki no kei
aka The Joy of Torturing 2: Oxen Split Torturing aka Shogun's Sadism
(Japan, 1976)
Directed by Yûji Makiguchi
5.5/10

I was originally going to give this a
but after reading a few negative reviews, I realized I didn't liked it* so I change it to a

*meaning those reviews mentioned problems that I sort of saw when I viewed it but didn't fully realize until I read those.

So you can't appreciate opera either then?
Never been. I will say I saw Phantom on Broadway and a couple of off broadway musicals while living in NY. Totally different experience than watching them on a movie screen. Very engaging and emotional.

That's cool... it seems a lot of people don't like musicals that are reality based and then burst into song, it just seems odd. I'll give it a shot and see.
This is sung entirely, which was interesting to say the least.

This is sung entirely, which was interesting to say the least.
Oh...not my favorite type of musical either.

I love the genre of musicals personally.
Me too, except the above^ exception.

I simply love good cinema and that includes films like Touch of Evil and The Umbrellas of Cherbourg.
Ahh... but you need to combine both for a purely magical experience. A must see...

Nightcrawler.

Was good. Very good. Was expecting something a little different, though.

8/10

Unregistered User

Birdman

I really don't know what I rate this. Technically its really impressive and great performances from pretty much everyone involved, however at times it felt a bit sluggish and wasn't paticularly easy to sit through.

I'll give it a
+ in the meantime.

Noah

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Suddenly, Last Summer (1959)
Dir: Joseph L. Makiewicz

The story is strange and disturbing, and well executed (with a stellar cast and an A+ director). It is vague enough to arise suspicion throughout the early stages of the film until it heightens to a shocking revelation. This climax I did not feel was completely effective, however. I admit to have enjoyed it to a certain extent but I also felt like, despite its moments of heightened hysteria, bits of it sank in flatly. This could also be said for many other of the most intense scenes that were only partially effective.

Although the three leads are all some of the biggest names of all time (Elizabeth Taylor, Katharine Hepburn, Montgomery Clift) and they all deliver, the real star of this movie has got to be the dialogue. Included are two very long monologues that seem to drag on and on and on (lengthy monologues flow better on stage rather than film in my opinion). They could have been daunting due to their length, but they are so dark and poetically beautiful, each word really sizzles.

7/10

Feed (2005)

Unique, funny, and easily one of the most disgusting films I've seen. A guy has a sexual fetish for feeding morbidly obese women, so he finds women like this who have a fetish for being overfed. What they don't know is they he will feed them to death. There's also other fun stuff like cannibalism, vomit, and maggots.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Abigail's Party (Leigh) - 4/10 - Not even worth putting up a picture, though Steadman's cleavage was the best thing in the movie, and that's not a great thing to say about a movie.

Another piece of coincidental trivia... My English friend posted Demous Rousses died, and only hours before I rented out "Abigail's Party" and heard the guy for the first time, even though my mom was a big fan of his.

Seemed like a horrible Monty Python skit that took an hour and forty five minutes and then a meteoroid hits my TV and saves my life.