Arthouse Mafia

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Everytime I show my friend/boyfriend an arthouse movie they'll be like 'this is so boring, where is the story.'

Two days ago, I watched Sátántangó in one sitting. I'm very pround of myself! Great film!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

@Zotis' favourite films tell a perverted surrealist tale: Andrei Rublev is a Mouth to Mouth Professional. His Seventeen Years old Daughter's Wailing is but a Silent Voice, and he's having a Good Time until she does the Meek's Cutoff and pronounces it to be The Fault in Our Stars.

Yeah, but you know I can't reveal my true top ten before I do my top 100. That would spoil the thrilling conclusion.

Still... you have a fair point. I should cutoff the fault in our stars. I'll do it meekly though. I won't make a thread and seek for attention. I'll just use this old thread that nobody cares about to get some attention of a prepubescent 20-year-old. You're 20 right Minio?

Are there any animations we can call arthouse? Belladonna of Sadness and Satoshi Kon's works maybe?
you can check, mostly short work of
koji yamamura's
Kihachiro kawamoto's
Wada atsushi's
Jiri tnka's
Jan svankmaer's
Quay's bro
Yuri norstein's

That some i can remember
Also havent seen it but fantastic planet definitely suit the term

Let the night air cool you off
Actually his films might induce some really negative emotions/anxiety, so you gotta be very careful with it.
I was joking! I was getting anxiety from some of the few films of his I watched yesterday. Cat's Cradle in particular exhausted me and I didn't know what to make of it.

“I was cured, all right!”
I'm curious, Lav Diaz and Bela Tarr are the names that come to mind when I think of long takes (in modern cinema) and the duration of the films (more than four hours). Any other names stand out?

That russian ark? Forgot his name
Sokurov uses long takes, but apart from his 5 hours long Spiritual Voices all his films are "normal" length. Bela Tarr's Satantango is his only very long film. None other film of his is longer than 3 hours. Lav Diaz is the sole champion of length endurance. He kind of got famous making such long films.

“I was cured, all right!”
You're right, but I'm searching more directors like them (Diaz and Tarr), I google Alexander Sokurov and I liked, slow movies with long takes. And this Russian Ark looks fun: "It was filmed entirely in the Winter Palace of the Russian State Hermitage Museum using a single 96-minute Steadicam sequence shot." [wikipedia]. I'll take a look!

That depends. I have a friend whose anxiety actually gets worse the slower, more meditative the film is, so it's better for him to watch faster, more action-packed films. But he doesn't. He wouldn't lower himself so much. He's a bloody hipsta!
I also get this