Rioting in the U.S.

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I thought I'd create a topic about what's happening in the U.S. if anybody wants to talk about it. The rioting which began with the murder of George Floyd is getting worse.

Preemptively:

This is about a current/important event, so that's fine. It's subject to being closed if and when it gets too heated, starts going around in circles, or becomes an excuse to bring up stuff already discussed regularly in past political (closed) threads. This is a movie site, after all, and that's what we're trying to be about. Threads like this must exist sometimes out of necessity, but only insofar as they don't interfere with the movie part.

Okay, disclaimer done.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
People: Police uses too much violence!
Police: Uses even more violence.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

People: Police uses too much violence!
Police: Uses even more violence.
I guess the police think they're above everyone and can do whatever they want. If they had arrested Chauvin on the spot, I doubt there would be all this rioting.

Rioting at the time of coronavirus !! This free for all could spread the virus even more.

I hope the riots don't have a Chinese connection. China in this situation is set to benefit maximum from any weakening of the US .

Rioting at the time of coronavirus !! This free for all could spread the virus even more.

I hope the riots don't have a Chinese connection. China in this situation is set to benefit maximum from any weakening of the US .
Yeah, I guess these rioters think they're immune to the coronavirus.

The term Antifa is being used to describe the rioters. To me they're terrorists. I doubt there's any connection to the Chinese.

A Chinese connection to the riots??? Here we go again...

I guess the police think they're above everyone and can do whatever they want.
For heaven’s sake, let’s not generalize. First people we call when we’re in trouble is the police!

The term Antifa is being used to describe the rioters. To me they're terrorists.
So you don’t like the cops & the rioters are “terrorists”. Pick a side!

For heaven’s sake, let’s not generalize. First people we call when we’re in trouble is the police!

So you don’t like the cops & the rioters are “terrorists”. Pick a side!

I'm referring to cops like Chauvin. Certainly not all cops are bad. Terrorists are always in the wrong.

From my limited knowledge...the 'rioting' is more about looting and vandalism, then about righting an injustice.

It seems to have escalated into the same mindless violence that the 'anarchist' movement caused a few years ago. The same elements seemed to be involved again too.

The police forces around America haven't done much at all to stop the wholesale destruction of business and properties. IMO they've been way too passive. One FBI agent was killed and another wounded, many cops have been wounded too.

The original killing of the black suspect, was wrong, very wrong. But destroying and killing innocent people is also very wrong. It's time for the National Guard to step in and use force if necessary. This disrespect for society's rules needs to stop now.

What I can never understand is the looting or - even worse - burning down of their neighbors’ small businesses. Many business owners are begging them to stop because they have no insurance.

What I can never understand is the looting or - even worse - burning down of their neighbors’ small businesses. Many business owners are begging them to stop because they have no insurance.
I don't understand it either, but it seems to happen whenever there's a major protest. IMO, I think there may be an evil satanic element involved, and satanists thrive on fear and are the cause of chaos. Last night when I was watching the news, I saw someone walk past the camera displaying what I believe to be a satanic hand signal - the middle and ring fingers were folded down leaving the index and pinky pointing up. Of course it could mean something else. I'm just guessing here.

Yeah, however righteous the cause, protesting on a certain scale (and of certain things) is pretty much always used by people of bad faith as an excuse to destroy and loot. And destroy and loot not just people who have nothing to do with the injustice, but sometimes even people supporting the protesters!

Managing to support the protest while still condemning this is a level of nuance that most people seem confusingly incapable of, too, as if the fear of not being seen as fully supportive of the cause is enough to stop them from condemning inarguably heinous actions that emerge from it, even indirectly.

I don't understand it either, but it seems to happen whenever there's a major protest. IMO, I think there may be an evil satanic element involved, and satanists thrive on fear and are the cause of chaos. Last night when I was watching the news, I saw someone walk past the camera displaying what I believe to be a satanic hand signal - the middle and ring fingers were folded down leaving the index and pinky pointing up. Of course it could mean something else. I'm just guessing here.
And you're guessing wrong. You're letting your own phobias cloud your decision making process. I assure you that the riots are not caused by Satanist.

Everyone needs to recite the Saint Michael prayer. ✝️