Arthouse Mafia

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
@Ultraviolence: Sorry, but given the form you sent I'm afraid I can't let you in Arthouse Mafia.

Wait, there's more:

Other: <I like Jennifer Connelly breasts>

YOU'RE IN!!!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

whats the most relaxed Apichatpong Weerasethakul film. I have bad anxiety and am looking for the least intense film of his

Nickname: Ultraviolence AKA The Wrath of God;

Reason: I want to talk about art films like Transformers and Legally Blonde;
Don't let him in, he's not the real wrath of God! I'm the real wrath of God! He's not even the anime version of the wrath of God. I'm the real and anime versions of the wrath of God! And talking about Transformers and Legally Blonde is illegal!

aghh I wanna watch art films
I don't know what exactly in movies could or would intensify your anxiety. Anyway, I think Tropical Malady and Syndromes and a Century are my two favourites of his, so here you go.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Tropical Malady is chilllll and Transformers is the greatest art film of all time. But if I'm looking to destress with a movie I hit up a Hawks hangout movie like Rio Bravo or Hatari! Feels like reuniting with old friends

Idk a lot of Ford makes me restless. Rohmer, Ozu, and Hong Sang-Soo also make me feel really more energetic and calm too but you can't just pop in to those and hang out.

Depends on the Lubitsch! Can't chill with Angel and Trouble in Paradise imo, but The Shop Around the Corner and the musicals are chill

@Zotis: He might be lying, but at least he enjoys real life teetees. Not some anime lolis like you!
Bah, "real life" golf is boring. Anime golf has tentacles! And I'm not into lolis, that's Guap's territory. I like real mature women like Dora the Explorer. She knows where stuff's at. She's got a map.

Let the night air cool you off
If he wants to relax he can watch the Brakhage filmography... there is nothing about Brakhage that could lead to any kind of brain hurt.

If he wants to relax he can watch the Brakhage filmography... there is nothing about Brakhage that could lead to any kind of brain hurt.
Yeah, the cadavers wouldn't have felt anything.

Bah, "real life" golf is boring. Anime golf has tentacles! And I'm not into lolis, that's Guap's territory. I like real mature women like Dora the Explorer. She knows where stuff's at. She's got a map.
You, Sir, are a pedophile joke acolyte (see what I did here?), but you still have a long way to go!
Actually his films might induce some really negative emotions/anxiety, so you gotta be very careful with it.

whats the most relaxed Apichatpong Weerasethakul film. I have bad anxiety and am looking for the least intense film of his

Go with James Benning instead. For instance 13 Lakes or Ten Skies. Contemplative Cinema at its best.

That depends. I have a friend whose anxiety actually gets worse the slower, more meditative the film is, so it's better for him to watch faster, more action-packed films. But he doesn't. He wouldn't lower himself so much. He's a bloody hipsta!

Nickname: ArthouseSwag5000
Reason: I want to be part of such a refined club of refined people who live such a refined lifestyle. Arthouse is life. I hate people who don't watch arthouse movies. Jk. I just like arthouse movies and am by no means an expert but would like to be.
about: I got into film because of American Beauty & Lost In Translation. Yes, corny, idc. So they will forever be in my toplist. But I love brain**** movies like Mulholland Dr & Persona. I love movies with existential themes (so I'm a fan of Bergman). Everytime I show my friend/boyfriend an arthouse movie they'll be like 'this is so boring, where is the story.' But then again my friend even argued that 8 Mile has no plot. I like movies with melancholic feels of a person who's trying to find their way in this world.
Boolean: Kinda. But that's in comparison to the people I know irl.
If: Film is a way of life.
Other: I have 5 arthouse movies idc what you say Mr. Minio. Blue is the warmest color is an arthouse movie but I'd happily change it to ****ing Amal because I think I like it better anyway.