Diane Keaton and Robert Evans

Tools    

I've just listened roast of Hollywood producer Robert Evans by comedian Patton Oswalt on YouTube. I'm so heartbroken after hearing that he had sex with Diane Keaton in his trailer during the shooting of The Godfather or The Godfather Part II. I mean, he was married at the time, but I don't really care that much about him. There are numerous gossips involving him and other actresses, but I just can't imagine her flying that low. I really hope that this is just a bad, inappropriate joke and that actual event didn't really happen. I can't provide a link since I haven't posted enough times but you can easily find it on YouTube just typing patton oswalt robert evans and it is first video and he begins his tale around 2:00. Do you know something more about it? Has anyone of them ever mentioned that event in an interview, book or something like that?

Why would anyone care that Diane Keaton had sex with Robert Evans?

Why would anyone care that Diane Keaton had sex with Robert Evans?
Well, I just can't imagine her in such an immoral act. And also, prior to this point, I have never heard that she was involved in any sex scandal.

Well, I just can't imagine her in such an immoral act. And also, prior to this point, I have never heard that she was involved in any sex scandal.
Where’s the immorality or “sex scandal”? Are you always this judgemental?

Where’s the immorality or “sex scandal”? Are you always this judgemental?
For God's sake, he was married! And also, I guess that I am a little bit judgemental when it comes to somebody hiding to have a sex. It got to be either lust or expectation of something (money, role, promotion or anything else dependent on the specific case). I quite frankly dread both of that. Especially the second option. But why first? Because, if you love somebody, what's the point of hiding that? I can understand if one wants an absolute privacy over his/hers life but she never wanted that. She came out publicly with Al Pacino, Warren Beatty and Woody Allen. I don't see any problem with that. I don't condemn sex outside the marriage of course, but I do condemn cheating. And lust for married people. But if it is actually sex because of interest, regarding the fact that he was producer, I condemn that even more.

I've just listened roast of Hollywood producer Robert Evans by comedian Patton Oswalt on YouTube. I'm so heartbroken after hearing that he had sex with Diane Keaton in his trailer during the shooting of The Godfather or The Godfather Part II. I mean, he was married at the time, but I don't really care that much about him. There are numerous gossips involving him and other actresses, but I just can't imagine her flying that low. I really hope that this is just a bad, inappropriate joke and that actual event didn't really happen. I can't provide a link since I haven't posted enough times but you can easily find it on YouTube just typing patton oswalt robert evans and it is first video and he begins his tale around 2:00. Do you know something more about it? Has anyone of them ever mentioned that event in an interview, book or something like that?
Wow.

I like Patton a lot, I have seen him perform live, but wasn't aware of this bit. Which is surprising because I also love 70s Hollywood and have read and listened to The Kid Stays in the Picture as well as the documentary.

Lets break this down in two major parts. First, do you even understand that the "stories" he is telling about Evans are completely made up? They are jokes. None of them are anecdotes from his memoir or anywhere else. He is making up exaggerated nonsense riffing on how little Evans' radio advertisements for ESPN had to do with sports. Is your next post going to ask, "Why would respected actor Brian Dennehy make a bet about how many Rubix Cubes could be inserted into one's rectum?" The Diane Keaton tasting like apple juice in a hot tub bit is just as much of a joke as that one. That you could hear such a routine and somehow take anything said in such riffing as truth makes me worry more than a little bit about your safety. Please, for your own good, stop listening to comedy. You're not ready.

Secondly, even IF Diane Keaton had an extramarital affair in the 1970s - and to be crystal clear once again because you are easily confused, Patton Oswalt was making a joke and not recounting facts - who would possibly care? If off-screen extramarital affairs are something of a dealbreaker for you there are roughly zero actors and filmmakers you will be able to enjoy the work of.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

If off-screen extramarital affairs are something of a dealbreaker for you there are roughly zero actors and filmmakers you will be able to enjoy the work of.
LOL. For real.

The solution is to stop thinking actors are good people/role models just because they're capable of playing likable characters. That's their job.

These days it seems to be an increasingly large portion of the job to get people who've never met you feel like you could be friends, though, hence the total overinvestment in what or who they do. Parasocial relationships can really do a number on the brain.

All that said, a lot of the behavior is pretty awful, and not made appreciably less awful by the fact that it's near-universal.

Wow.

I like Patton a lot, I have seen him perform live, but wasn't aware of this bit. Which is surprising because I also love 70s Hollywood and have read and listened to The Kid Stays in the Picture as well as the documentary.

Lets break this down in two major parts. First, do you even understand that the "stories" he is telling about Evans are completely made up? They are jokes. None of them are anecdotes from his memoir or anywhere else. He is making up exaggerated nonsense riffing on how little Evans' radio advertisements for ESPN had to do with sports. Is your next post going to ask, "Why would respected actor Brian Dennehy make a bet about how many Rubix Cubes could be inserted into one's rectum?" The Diane Keaton tasting like apple juice in a hot tub bit is just as much of a joke as that one. That you could hear such a routine and somehow take anything said in such riffing as truth makes me worry more than a little bit about your safety. Please, for your own good, stop listening to comedy. You're not ready.

Secondly, even IF Diane Keaton had an extramarital affair in the 1970s - and to be crystal clear once again because you are easily confused, Patton Oswalt was making a joke and not recounting facts - who would possibly care? If off-screen extramarital affairs are something of a dealbreaker for you there are roughly zero actors and filmmakers you will be able to enjoy the work of.
Well, I assumed that this was a joke. I quite frankly, haven't even known about Patton before I came across this video. I was just sick of it when I listened that bit for the very first time and didn't even watch the rest of the video. And, just for the record, I don't look at actors and actresses through their personal life, rather than their artwork. Only in some extreme cases I look at actors/actresses that way with an example beeing Mel Gibson whom I hate because of his antisemitism. But with Diane, it is just different because she is like a role model for me. Personally. I've always admired her and enjoyed watching her movies, even her interviews listening to that wonderful without-any-evilness laugh and wondering how good person she is in real life. She gave me that exact impression every time. But anyway, I'm just glad that other people share my assumption about this beeing a joke. I will definitely watch the rest of the video right now. I don't have anything against insult comedy whatsoever. Don Rickles is my favorite comedian, but I don't like that much when insult comedy goes over border of good taste. For me, Don Rickles was kinda clean and despite roasting the crap out of just about anyone in the showbusiness I have never heard him swearing. Not a single time. And I guess that I have watched all videos featuring him on YouTube. Multiple times. Have a nice day.