Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'd think about it. Just depends how much gap there is between that and the 30th HOF

I think I'm in the minority but I would prefer 1 movie per nominator.

There has been some talk about a 2010’s HOF. I may be down to host that. I want to make sure there is enough interest first though because I know there is a pretty full hall schedule right now. Could hold off a bit too, if that’s the consensus. I think we could even wait till October and still be good with the list deadline. Respond in here, and we will go from there.

Good luck with your surgery Cricket.
They'll be enough interest. Usually only 3 or 4 people say they will join an HoF when it's mentioned in this thread, but then when the HoF starts there's a bunch more join. You'll have enough people and if it's a small HoF, well those are fun too. I just want to watch some 2010 films that might make my ballot! I'd be up for a longer duration HoF with double noms that wraps up before the deadline for the countdown.

I'm in!

I'd think about it. Just depends how much gap there is between that and the 30th HOF

I was planning on hosting the 30th HOF but giving it a long rest before starting it, say a month or more...It's probably best to let the main HoF chill and do other HoFs then get back to the main.

I'd be more interested in a 2010s HoF than a General, or even the recently started Hall of Infamy.

I agree, unless there are only a handful of participants. For example, if only 5 people join, 2 films each would give it a more typical amount of content. But if 10 people joined, I think 20 films would be too much.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I was planning on hosting the 30th HOF but giving it a long rest before starting it, say a month or more...It's probably best to let the main HoF chill and do other HoFs then get back to the main.
Yeah I'm ok with that

I'd be more interested in a 2010s HoF than a General, or even the recently started Hall of Infamy.

I agree, unless there are only a handful of participants. For example, if only 5 people join, 2 films each would give it a more typical amount of content. But if 10 people joined, I think 20 films would be too much.
That's a good point because if there were 10 people x 2 noms then 20 movies would cause more drop outs, at least that's what has happened in the past.

So in that case two, 2010s HoFs done back to back, would be better as people with not much time could join only 1 if they want. So with that in mind and with a delay on the 30th starting, maybe we should kick off the 2010s HoF sooner than later?

I agree with only going with two noms if say =<6?

Everyone agree with Cricket to wait till Spelling Error sets lust deadline?

That's a good point because if there were 10 people x 2 noms then 20 movies would cause more drop outs, at least that's what has happened in the past.

So in that case two, 2010s HoFs done back to back, would be better as people with not much time could join only 1 if they want. So with that in mind and with a delay on the 30th starting, maybe we should kick off the 2010s HoF sooner than later?

I think a pair of quick halls makes the most sense...try and get one done in September and one in October and then overlap with the General Hall.

Some of us do a Halloween Challenge so as long as the option to finish one hall in September is there I'm good.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
This might be a great place to find recommendations? I think I found "A Woman Under The Influence" on here, back when there were still lots of great movies left on my watch-list. I think I need an AA-like type of sponsor, only to make sure I do not abstain.

Is the 4 hour movie,
The Travelling Players worth it?

This might be a great place to find recommendations? I think I found "A Woman Under The Influence" on here, back when there were still lots of great movies left on my watch-list. I think I need an AA-like type of sponsor, only to make sure I do not abstain.

Is the 4 hour movie,
Honestly, I would say no. Here's my review of The Travelling Players:

It felt like there was a lot going on here, but not all of it worked for me. I'm not sure if it is because I am not knowledgeable enough about Greek history or if it was just the way the story was told. At times, it was a little hard to follow. It was not always clear who was who or exactly what was going on. There are some positive elements though. The camerawork is well done and there are some nice shots. I did like the look of the film. Acting was fine. No one gave a bad performance, but no one really stood out either. There are good scenes, here and there, but the film is not consistently interesting or engaging. And the length doesn't help. This is a very long film. I would say it is at least an hour too long and should have been cut down to a shorter length. Honestly, I found the film boring in parts and after a while just wanted it to end. While I respect and appreciate certain things about the film, sorry to say this did not work for me. 5/10.

Is the 4 hour movie,
It was my nomination and I think it's a masterpiece, personally, but it's not for everyone. If you're hesitant to take the plunge, you could check out Angelopoulos' Landscape in the Mist. It's two hours and it should do a good job at introducing you to his style.

Sad news to impart for those of you who were in the 25th Hall of Fame:

Mike Schank, who was in American Movie, passed away due to a rare form of cancer (link). If you don't remember him, he's the crew member, composer, recovering alcoholic and good friend of Mark Borchardt. R.I.P.

I was thinking of doing a Noir HoF next month as it's Noirvember...I was thinking of a short duration HoF that would be done and over in only 30 days by the end of November. Most noirs are short and I doubt there would be that many people joining.

I'm thinking I would do it like the first Noir Hof I hosted here:
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...57#post1230157

Anyone interested?