What do you feel is the biggest problem with modern entertainment

Tools    

Yep. Having been to lots of symphonic concerts in my life, I'd rate them way below the tease quotient of the slinky, big-boob videos, but, in that case, it's about tuxes and gowns that look like they reject and rise above pop culture and have lots of money to put that on display. What they actually do is to just create a different set of expectations. It's just as visual as Katy Perry, but the audience is more pretentious, thinking that THEY don't respond to the visual cues and are only there for the music, when the cynic knows that they are also there to see nicely dressed people and mix with them while they are in their nice clothes.

Humans are the same all over, just different clothes.

There is a visual and ritualistic component to all live music performances, but I wouldn't use that as a springboard to equivalence. Shared components are there, yes, but the proportions are not the same and the proportions define the form of the thing (as everyone is working from the same initial ingredients).

A system of cells interlinked
Yep. Having been to lots of symphonic concerts in my life, I'd rate them way below the tease quotient of the slinky, big-boob videos, but, in that case, it's about tuxes and gowns that look like they reject and rise above pop culture and have lots of money to put that on display. What they actually do is to just create a different set of expectations. It's just as visual as Katy Perry, but the audience is more pretentious, thinking that THEY don't respond to the visual cues and are only there for the music, when the cynic knows that they are also there to see nicely dressed people and mix with them while they are in their nice clothes.

This seems fairly cynical, but again rings true. I will see, at least up here in the NE of the US, the extreme metal scene is chock full of good people who aren't so focused on the visual aspects, unless you start drifting over to the black metal stuff, which as a whole, seems to put a lot or emphasis on the theatrics of it all.

This seems fairly cynical, but again rings true. I will see, at least up here in the NE of the US, the extreme metal scene is chock full of good people who aren't so focused on the visual aspects, unless you start drifting over to the black metal stuff, which as a whole, seems to put a lot or emphasis on the theatrics of it all.
Well why wouldn't they, when you can look like this?:

I don’t know. I attend a fair bit of symphonic & opera concerts (seeing Andrea Bocelli next Friday), but I actually hate dressing up for it & get so tired (to be fair, my job requires me to always be overdressed, heels and all, which is exhausting), but I force myself to make that effort because I want to experience the music… So to me, if anything, it’s very much the opposite.

I don’t know. I attend a fair bit of symphonic & opera concerts (seeing Andrea Bocelli next Friday), but I actually hate dressing up for it & get so tired (to be fair, my job requires me to always be overdressed, heels and all, which is exhausting), but I force myself to make that effort because I want to experience the music… So to me, if anything, it’s very much the opposite.
Lordy, what does it say for women that some feel compelled to wear heels?

Lordy, what does it say for women that some feel compelled to wear heels?
I certainly don’t feel compelled, but I like heels. They’re fun and sexy.

If anything, I feel the modern environment compels one to live in tracksuit bottoms and trainers, regardless of whether you feel comfortable in them.

My job requires a certain sexiness.

I certainly don’t feel compelled, but I like heels. They’re fun and sexy.

If anything, I feel the modern environment compels one to live in tracksuit bottoms and trainers, regardless of whether you feel comfortable in them.

My job requires a certain sexiness.
But you said being overdressed, including heels, is exhausting.

Are the men required to be sexy too?

But you said being overdressed, including heels, is exhausting.

Are the men required to be sexy too?
I stand by both statements. It’s exhausting and it’s sexy and it’s frustrating.

As for your question, it depends, I suppose, but in my current surroundings it’s fairly equal - one of the new bosses changes into something closely resembling a tuxedo for every minor external meeting 🤣

Of course, running around Oxford Street in high heels is a sensation like no other which men simply cannot experience…

Sometimes I feel like I’m able to negotiate better and get more money out of people just by virtue of being well-dressed. Call it the high heels premium.

Hands down the lack of creativity, they do nothing but recycle old ideas. Whether it's movies, tv, Broadway, even music.