The Mandalorian (Star Wars)

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I'm more worried about how this rule means that this turns into a vague and meaningless dead end where framing this issue as a generic complaint about a big bad company not respecting an abstract concept like "different opinions" is missing the bigger picture regarding what exactly about this particular person's precise opinions was so objectionable as to prompt such a reaction, but sure, let's please stop there please.

I am adding a point, because it's not political.
It's not about any cause or ideology or principle for a (or any) big company. Otherwise Disney wouldn't have thanked the authorities of Xinjiang (or filmed there for that matter).
It's always, and always, about protecting their assets (stars or fans). In this case Carano is expendable compared to the fans.

I'm not trying to suck up to you or anything Iro, but I literally reached for the remote and almost shut it off after the big "reveal". At least we'll always have that heartwarming movie with Luke drinking the green booby milk to keep us warm on a cold stormy night, eh?

Welcome to the human race...
At least that keeps in the stupid-weird-messy spirit of Star Wars more so than a good chunk of the recent stuff that's a little too focused on pleasing as much of the fanbase as possible - it's part of why I've never truly gravitated to Mandalorian itself no matter how many fan favourite characters or magnetic prestige-TV presences it brings to the table each episode.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
At least we'll always have that heartwarming movie with Luke drinking the green booby milk to keep us warm on a cold stormy night, eh?
Like tonight?

I hope we don't lose power. That wind is going through my body.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I don't think she'll be missed, not much of a character or actress if you ask me.

Yea the Luke scene makes me more annoyed the more I think about it (The Mandalorian one). Like a half assed apology for TLJ, with morally questionable CGI faces, though Hamill was on board with it.

I hope ultimately the Mandalorian branches out into a sort of expanded universe story, Luke Han Leia again. I would prefer TV rather than movies too.

I don't want Kenobi or Cassian Andor prequels.

You ready? You look ready.
Back on topic, that CGI Luke was so bad it made me embarrassed to have ever invested in this show anyway.
Yeah, I checked out as soon as he hit the screen. I let it slide when Mando removed his helmet to develop the plot/character but that Luke bs had me in stitches. I just can’t take any of it seriously now.

I'm more worried about how this rule means that this turns into a vague and meaningless dead end where framing this issue as a generic complaint about a big bad company not respecting an abstract concept like "different opinions" is missing the bigger picture regarding what exactly about this particular person's precise opinions was so objectionable as to prompt such a reaction, but sure, let's please stop there please.
Yes, I'm sure we'd all love to always have the last word. That's why you nip it in the bud.

I'm gonna make the really charitable assumption here by saying people might not have understood "please stop here" was actually not a suggestion, and it's not cool to take parting shots past that point. If someone feels I cut things off at some point that's somehow unfair to their general POV, they can PM me about it, at which point I'll almost certainly be able to show them a half-dozen examples where discussions were cut off with them or theirs getting the last salvo off.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yeah, I checked out as soon as he hit the screen. I let it slide when Mando removed his helmet to develop the plot/character but that Luke bs had me in stitches. I just can’t take any of it seriously now.
I appreciated that it was done as well as it was... but I admit I kept staring at that weird mouth formation because it wasn't. quite. right.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Just finished watching the first episode of season 3. In previous episodes he had taken his mask off and now he's out to redeem himself. I loved it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I might have missed some connecting plot points in Boba Fett, but this looks like another case of writers lacking foresight by having Grogu go on a different path only to realise without him they have no show so he's back with Mando......

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yeah, it's kinda nuts how they're willing to just assume people were/are watching both shows. Oof.
lol, sorry, but I can't tell if this is agreeing with the above comment or a bit of a playful jab! Full disclosure, I had no idea there was a new season for Mandalorian, so all context is lost on me at the moment. I do not remember finishing Book of Bobba Fet. Was that the series with the stylish teen cyber/biker gang? I think that's about where I left off, if so. Honestly, my memory is crap the last few years so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm blending scenes from Star Gate at this point. =\

Anyway. My meaning in all this is to ask if there was actually a plot point within that series (or another?) that explains Grogu's return here? Or is that explained in the new season of the Mandalorian? No need for spoilerish details for others following this thread. Just curious where that redirect falls and in what series.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Not a jab, it's nuts to expect people to watch another show without any clear indication they need to do so to follow along with the first show's basic plot beats. Especially when the first show is the big hit and the other show is, presumably, significantly less popular.

And no, I don't think Grogu's return is explained except for in Boba Fett. And it's not even clear from Boba Fett that it's just going to turn into The Mandalorian halfway through, anyway. I almost stopped watching, and then that happened. Bizarre.