Mulan (Disney Live-Action)

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Disney is developing another live-action adaptation of one of their animated films, this time Mulan, about a woman who secretly joins the Chinese army to replace her ailing father by disguising as a man.

Niki Caro (Whale Rider) is set to direct and after a worldwide search featuring over 1,000 candidates, Chinese actress Crystal Liu Yifei has been cast to play Mulan. She is best known in the West for her role as Golden Sparrow in The Forbidden Kingdom (The Jackie Chan-Jet Li starrer).

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Production has officially begun on Mulan. The first image of Crystal Liu Yifei as the titular Mulan has arrived.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/mu...ey-1201993628/

The film co-stars Donnie Yen, Yoson An, Xana Tang, Ron Yuan, Jason Scott Lee, Gong Li as the villain, and Jet Li as the Emperor.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well the trailer doesn't look as good to me cause Mulan is suppose to impersonate a man and fool everyone, but at no point does she look like she is doing that, or if she is, you can so tell it's a woman and she is not fooling any body in any of the scenes.

Doesn't appear to be much diversity in this film. Isn't that supposed to be racist?

I'm just poking fun at the recent uproar over a remake of Little Women (a period piece about sisters in one particular Massachusets family in the 19th century), about which PC reviewers said the film was "Too White" (they suggested the sisters should have all been played by actresses of different races and skin colors because having white actresses play sisters in a caucasian family is somehow racist! Good grief!)

So, the release date of Mulan is 27th March 2020 that means that it's right around the corner and ready to give us a new topic to discuss here
But one thing that bothers is that why did they change the story to some old historical Chinese mythology when we all just loved the Disney classic. My personal favorite character from the Disney princesses has always been Mulan and I think Mushu has been a great partner in creating that image of her's in our eyes. It's sad that there would be so many changes in the movie and above all, NO MUSHU!!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
No Mushu or musical numbers because the director wants to convey realism....so they went with a magical sorceress instead?

What is more tiring? Superhero films or Live-Action Disney remakes?

Suspect's Reviews

A bucket of anxiety
They did it because it's the only way they could sell the movie in China. But you want to know what else they had to do to sell in China? Use an actress who supports police brutality in Hong Kong. So when you see this movie, just remember that Disney has become so corporate that they'd rather host propaganda against the freedom of millions of people than lose a few dollars. (Which in Disney terms IS a few dollars) Funny how it's getting tougher for them to keep up the prim and perfect look.

A bucket of anxiety
No Mushu or musical numbers because the director wants to convey realism....so they went with a magical sorceress instead?

What is more tiring? Superhero films or Live-Action Disney remakes?
The remakes. The MCU is basically a television series. It was good when it started but now it's just bloated, embarrassing and needs to end. But Marvel has earned each and every fan it has still keeping the series alive through its beautiful, original opening. And even though the attempts are poor, they at least try to push boundaries and introduce new ideas.
The remakes? Soulless. Pointless. No one has ever asked for one. No one remembers them. No one really likes them and if they do they're a power point presentation compared to the original. They add nothing to the story, nothing to anyone's lives. They are big fat nothings. They're somehow lower than the time Disney was LITERALLY selling the same films. At least they weren't trying to convince you that you were watching something else.

Even though there were some strong reasons for such extreme changes but I just loved the original Mulan and I felt sad when I learned about this.

Urgh. More like how much Disney can grovel and simp to every demand china can make to make more money

$30 or $20 isnt bad if you watch it with friends..

When we watch it (if we pay for it), there will be about 10 people... thats not bad ...