Utopia (U.S. Remake)

Tools    

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...n-deal-1103988

"Four years after being ordered straight to series and hitting a speed bump at HBO, Utopia has found a new home.

Amazon Studios has handed out a nine-episode, straight-to-series order for Gillian Flynn's reboot of Utopia. Additionally, Amazon has inked the Gone Girl and Sharp Objects author to an overall deal, with Utopia set as the first project under the pact.

Based on Dennis Kelly's British series of the same name, the drama revolves around a group of young adults who meet online and are mercilessly hunted by a shadowy deep state organization. After they come in to possession of a near mythical cult underground graphic novel, they discover the conspiracy theories in the comic's pages may actually be real and are forced into the dangerous, unique and ironic position of saving the world.

Flynn will be credited as the lone creator on Utopia on which she will also exec produce and serve as showrunner. Exec producers include Flynn's Sharp Objects collaborator Jessica Rhoades, Sharon Hall, Karen Wilson, Kelly and Diederick Santer. The series is a co-production between Endemol Shine North America, its U.K. production studio Kudos and Amazon Studios. Endemol Shine North America president of scripted and unscripted Sharon Levy will oversee for the company."

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
This was SO good when it first aired, I'm still bummed they stopped at two series.

Not entirely sure why it needs remaking, although it did make use of British pop culture a fair bit, but not overly so?

This is one of my all time favourite series but I'd be interested to see if they get to go further than series 2 before the original British series was cruelly axed at an odd point... Unless they totally change it. Looking forwards to seeing who they cast, and the music because the original has a beautiful music score, be hard to match in the remake series.

This might just do nobody any good.
I’ve seen bits of the original. It was pretty cool. David Fincher was suppose to do this like year or two back with Rooney Mara.