Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Despicable Me (2010)

I never expected to like this so much. I got hooked right from the great beginning, and the lead character took it from there. It's funny and ended up being heartwarming. The amusement park scene was probably my favorite and the animation was very good. The only thing is I could have done without the minions.

I love the minions. I think they're the best part of the movie. They're so much fun.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Just to drive the point home even further...

Under Siege -

Remind me again how this made the Top 100 Action countdown.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Seriously, though, he's like the Nickelback of action heroes (and even that feels like I'm being too harsh on Nickelback).

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Seriously, though, he's like the Nickelback of action heroes (and even that feels like I'm being too harsh on Nickelback).
I've seen maybe two or three of his films. Of all the 'action' heroes that are past their prime, he's my least favourite.

It doesn't help his case when he's had a feud with my boy Van Damme.

Welcome to the human race...
I'd probably have liked Under Siege considerably more if it had Van Damme in it instead. At least he's fun to watch.

Revenge of the Nerds

While I thought the movie was funny–though the humorous bits are sporadic–it doesn't quite measure up to its predecessors of teen sex comedy like Porky's or Animal House. However, it's not trying to be a carbon copy of those films, which is a good thing. The main characteristic those other movies have and this one lacks is simply wit. Revenge of The Nerds isn't as clever, but it's still memorable and packs enough laughable scenes to make it worth watching.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I really grew to appreciate Ogre's nuanced approach in RotN, after his follow-up movie Bloodsport seemed less than inspired.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Gone Girl

This is a tricky one, starts of wonderful and mysterious, gets you pulled in and confused even more through the middle of the movie, but it kinda starts falling apart in the last part of the movie, I don't mean the ending, ending was fine and surprising to be honest, I mean last part of the movie in general, can't say too much without spoiling but yea... Acting is great, well written dialog, interesting characters and twists, smart flashbacks... If movie kept going as strong until the end it would have been phenomenal.

8/10

Tokyo Story (1953)

This was a first watch, and my god, why, and how did it take me so long? Subtle, slowly paced without ever becoming tedious, heartbreaking, it's everything everyone says it is, and more. The character Noriko Hirayama's infectious smile, paired up with some of the most gut wrenching lines ever put to film is one of the most genuine moments of tragic humanity I've ever witnessed in any film.

A Monster Calls (2016)

This movie seemed tailor made for me, and I did enjoy it moderately, but it was held down by a lot of issues. The concept, and story, while very interesting, and thought out, was not done justice by the overwritten, Hallmark-y script that begged to spoon feed you at any moment it could. The movie also likes to cut away to these mini stories done with truly breathtaking animation, but they distract from the main plot, and they make it too obvious how the stories connect to the main conflict in the story. The acting is well done, and when they get it right it truly shines, some of the best scenes are my favorite experiences in the theater in 2016, I dare you not to be shaken up by the handling of the second story in the film. To me, it's a perfect example of great concept with so so execution, perhaps a director willing to take more chances, and cared more about the drama more than the style would have made it much better. I'd be more than willing to read the book, it truly is a marvelous piece, story wise.

“I was cured, all right!”

I loved every second

Rear Window + Vertigo?
It was good! A lot of hot/naked girls
I'm kidding, it was a great plot! Beautiful homenage to Hichcook in a
De Palma way.

I've seen some amazing movie endings recently, and this was no different. Park Chan-Wook is one of the greatest director's of all time and I am now desperately trying to find his first two films after watching this. It comes together neatly after a chaotic first 40 minutes or so. It must have been quite a brave movie to make given the tensions between the 2 countries. Without spoiling it all I can say is it is typical layered, messed up, stylish fare from Chan Wook. There are about 4 or 5 Directors working today that I will go out of my way to watch absolutely anything that they produce - and Chan Wook is one of them. It is not his greatest film (that's reserved for The Handmaiden or Oldboy) but it's a must watch for anybody who enjoys Asian cinema.

8/10

Unregistered User

Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016)

Now this was surprising. I didn't really expect to like this anywhere near as much as I did. The scenery of New Zealand is amazing and all the characters are very funny, especially Sam Neill and Julian Dennison who were great together. It has a great mix of comedy, drama and action which makes it so entertaining and easy to watch. Also, I cant get that Ricky Baker song out of my head.

Looking forward to watching it again already

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Five Easy Pieces (1970, multiple rewatch)

Complicated, with a "free willy" attitude. I watch it for the acting alone. Some characters you like, some you despise. A good mix of drama and fun. All about escape and reminds me of The Catcher in the Rye.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Best Seller (1987, multiple rewatch)
+

I'm a fan of Dennehy and Woods, so, this movie was made for me. If you think those Point Break robbery masks were an original idea, think again.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I have the weirdest boner
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Too Young To Die (2016)

Kinda mixed up. I enjoy typical kankurou kudo's comedy and these one have captivating idea/plot for me. There are lot creative, ridiculous, funny ideas around, have clumsy practical effects+setting that's increase the absurdity value xD, with starsudded and lovable cast (+some cameo the like marty friedman).
My problem is the songs kinda hit and miss(pale in comparison with Detroit Metal City), turn down the my mood and most of cameraworks is very annoying. Well in the end I feel it's fine movie at least. Not fully meet my hype unfortunately