What is your biggest disappointment in the cinema?

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
So, I was watching the new ALIEN: COVENANT trailer and I remembered how disappointment Prometheus was for me. I was a big fan of the ALIEN franchise but after PROMETHEUS I quit the "Alien fan" status for real. The teaser trailer got me. I watched that teaser so many times and... that movie was terrible. I almost walked away but my girlfriend and my mother was there and I don't like to be the stupid guy, damn, what a hard day.

What was your biggest disappointment in the cinema?

Having to actually leave my seat when the wife is with me if I need to go for a slash during a fillum.

So, I was watching the new ALIEN: COVENANT trailer and I remembered how disappointment Prometheus was for me. I was a big fan of the ALIEN franchise but after PROMETHEUS I quit the "Alien fan" status for real. The teaser trailer got me. I watched that teaser so many times and... that movie was terrible. I almost walked away but my girlfriend and my mother was there and I don't like to be the stupid guy, damn, what a hard day.

What was your biggest disappointment in the cinema?
I know what it's like to quit being a fan of something.

I'm an Alien fan but, by and large, I liked Prometheus even though it has some big flaws. I'm the opposite way round when it comes to Alien: Covenant, as I didn't see anything there that looked as good or as interesting as Prometheus, or that compares with Alien for style and substance.

I don't think I have a biggest disappointment in the cinema as I haven't been for such a long time. It's also quite hard to think of the biggest disappointment in film terms. Could be The Witch actually.

The later super-heroes movies. They lack action, and for me, the sole interest of American super-heroes movies is to see these super-heroes use their powers and fight with them.

This is probably because I didn't grow with American comics, as in my country, Belgium, we have our own "comic" scene, and rather read our ones, or European ones, which aren't about super-heroes. So, for me the whole concept of a guy dressed in silly uniform but with powers is hard to take seriously. Let's say I would find it better or more serious and mature without the uniforms, because with them, I have an hard time seeing American comics as something else than a media for children, or something serious/mature. I KNOW however than they can be mature and not only directed to children (Watchmen is very serious and has a quite deep plot, X-men is about interesting societal issues, Batman can be quite dark and grim, etc...), but here super-heroes became a part of mainstream culture only when movies based on their comics started to appear.

Sorry, not to beat a dead horse, but no movie ever came close to how disappointed I was after seeing this.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Top 3 disappointments...

1. Meet Joe Black
2. Dumb and Dumberer
3. Noah (because of the transformer rocks)

Sorry, not to beat a dead horse, but no movie ever came close to how disappointed I was after seeing this.

I saw that in the theater too. It was BORING!

As for me Prometheus was up there, but Alien vs Predator was the biggest in the movie theater disappointment. I say disappointment because that is what it was. A mediocre letdown.

Worst cinema experience period is still The Blair Witch Project.

Lost In Space (1998) - the movie started out pretty good, but took a detour with a bizarre time-travel paradox story & alternate potential future versions of two characters which took away focus on the rest of the characters, the main plot (of Smith's sabotage and the ship getting lost) & the family dynamic.

The update on the B-9 Robot was a huge disappointment (but then he gets destroyed and rebuilt as an abominable re-envisioning of the classic model by a morose and unlikeable future-Will Robinson), but at least we got a few moments of the original Robot's voice (Dick Tufeld).

I had high hopes that did not manifest. If ever a TV series begged for a big screen treatment it was Lost in Space.

Welcome to the human race...
Maybe stretching the criteria a bit with this one, but I'm still not over being forced to see Ocean's Twelve because not everyone in the group I was with was old enough to get into Team America without a guardian.

Aside from that, it's a tough call since I tend to have low expectations most of the time anyway.

probably the most boring experience I've ever had watching a movie...

Yeah, all you guy suck i'd love to see The Thin Red Line in the cinema. Great film.

Probably Mean Girls because i ended up seeing it three times in the cinema by accident . In the space of a few weeks it was awful and i kinda like it as well.

Probably Rogue One. Or Congo. Not that hopes were high for either, I did, at least, expect Rogue One to be an entire Star Wars film and not just the last 30-40 minutes or so.