Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

INSIDE OUT
(2015)

Smart and entertaining animated movie about 5 personified emotions that live in a young girl's brain who struggle to make her adjust to a new life with her parents in the city of San Francisco.
This is the third animated movie I watch in less than a week; Trolls and Zootopia being the other 2. More to come...

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
It's on my watch list, but I haven't seen it so far, one of these days. Ray Milland is a fav of mine, I almost always like his roles.

That's very true. I can think of a couple of movies where people say the actors can't act...but in other movies, their amazing.
Any movies with Ray Milland to recommend? (I saw "The Lost Weekend" and "Dial M For Murder")

And yeah, some actors change, depending on the director. I notice Cassavetes, Altman, Kubrick bring the best out of their actors (English-speaking).. John Huston picks and choose pretty well too.

Any movies with Ray Milland to recommend? (I saw "The Lost Weekend" and "Dial M For Murder")

And yeah, some actors change, depending on the director. I notice Cassavetes, Altman, Kubrick bring the best out of their actors (English-speaking).. John Huston picks and choose pretty well too.
Here's two Ray Milland films that I really like. Neither are masterpieces, and I'm not sure you would like them, but both have something extra that makes them at least worth watching.

X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes (1963)
I was surprised by this, I expected this Roger Corman film to be fun-schlock, but it had more depth to it than that. I might be wrong but I get the feeling the X-Ray eye drops that scientist Ray Milland invents and uses on himself is in some ways an amalgam for Timothy Leery and his LSD experiments. The film also touches on human greed and promotion in the carnival scenes, Don Rickles is nasty in this! This is sci-fi but with the emphasizes on the human condition, it will be making my list for the upcoming Sci-Fi countdown.

The Uninvited (1944)
This is done in a semi-gothic ghost-haunting story, and the story itself is decent. I loved the chemistry between Ray Milland and Gail Russell. There's a real sadness in Gail Russell's performance that I found touching, so much so that I've tried to find other films with her in them.

What I didn't like was Faye Dunaway's performance and her unsatisfying dialogue. I like Dunaway but she was so bland in this movie. Her performance felt like a 1930s performance more than a 1970s one, she came across as so restricted and soulless.
Really? I thought this was Dunaway's best performance.

Nurse 3-D (2013)

I wouldn't exactly call this a good movie, but more the guilty pleasure type. It reminded me of Piranha 3D, in that it doesn't hold back from being trashy and campy. It's actually a great movie for anyone who has a nurse fantasy. The lead is a brunette butterface who can't really act, but is super hot in a Melanie Griffith just got mauled by a lion sort of way. She plays a nurse who was traumatized as a little girl, and becomes a psycho who kills cheating men. She becomes infatuated with the new hot blonde nurse, but things end up going south. The psycho girl just starts killing everyone in the last 20 minutes, and I thought it was a lot of fun.

Nurse 3-D (2013)

I wouldn't exactly call this a good movie, but more the guilty pleasure type. It reminded me of Piranha 3D, in that it doesn't hold back from being trashy and campy. It's actually a great movie for anyone who has a nurse fantasy. The lead is a brunette butterface who can't really act, but is super hot in a Melanie Griffith just got mauled by a lion sort of way. She plays a nurse who was traumatized as a little girl, and becomes a psycho who kills cheating men. She becomes infatuated with the new hot blonde nurse, but things end up going south. The psycho girl just starts killing everyone in the last 20 minutes, and I thought it was a lot of fun.
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. No one listen to cricket.

This is one of my favorite comedies, and features one of Nicolas Cage's best and funniest performances.
It's one of those movies that I need to watch at least once a year. I would rate it 4 and a half stars. It's that good!

Chinatown. I've been wanting to watch this for a while and finally got round to it. It's a beast of a noir film, and almost feels like a template for the genre. I thought that the plot in itself was great, with alot of nicely placed red herrings in terms of the "whodunnit" factor.

What I didn't like was Faye Dunaway's performance and her unsatisfying dialogue. I like Dunaway but she was so bland in this movie. Her performance felt like a 1930s performance more than a 1970s one, she came across as so restricted and soulless.

Overall I'd give it 8/10 as I do feel I was watching one of the great noirs unfold and can imagine that cinemagoers at the time were enthralled by it.
For some reason, I could never get myself to watching Chinatown in one sitting and thoroughly enjoying it; even though, deep down inside, I know I should. It's a frustrating movie for me.
I'm going to give it another shot one of these days.

The Handmaiden! Definitely the best movie i have seen from 2016! This film is an example of how a film with a complex structure, deep plot and nuances of art should look like. The characters are greatly elaborated and the acting performances powerful. It's a con artist movie but at the same time so much more.
9/10

Welcome to the human race...
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children -

The best X-Men movie in years.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children -

The best X-Men movie in years.
You did just win best reviewer of the year, but sad as it might be, I don't think your long reviews was what gave you the win.

In My Skin (2002)

+

IMDb labels this French movie as drama and horror, but I would just call it a horrific drama. A seemingly average woman with a job, boyfriend, and friends becomes obsessed with cutting herself one day after accidentally cutting open her leg. She gets a little carried away with it. It's a well made and effective movie, but slow paced, not entertaining, and nauseating to watch.