Mofo Bros Top 100: A Raul and Sean Production

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

The greatest straight up war film for me. Touching tribute to that day in Normandy. That Normandy scene is unbelievable. Hanks kills it for me in this.

Had lots of catching up on your lists, kind of ripped through a few pages there. A couple for me to comment on...
- American Splendor is an excellent film and I hope it gets lots of watches for the coming countdown.
- I agree that The Gold Rush is Chaplin's best.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I'm glad that MV mentioned 12 Angry Men because I missed that and it's a great film.

After that I'm struggling for a page. Again this is mostly films I've not and don't wish to see, but Rain Man is fantastic. Love that film, love both central performances (Cruise really gets overlooked in this but he's great. First film I can remember really noticing his acting), Alice In Wonderland I saw and liked when I was a kid. Probably not now, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Classics are usually classics for a reason and that they're still retelling this one 150 years after it was written means it's still got something to say.

Raul then followed it up with the brilliant Ran and The Departed, which I only saw once or twice when it came out, but remember liking, just not as much as many others did.

Then Sean saves himself with me by giving me the Up series. Technically not A film, so I wouldn't allow it, but it's not my 100 so I don't have to play by my rules Wonderful documentary series. Almost compelling in its ordinariness but so insightful and, IMO, depressingly accurate. Give me a child until he is seven and I will show you the man.

Raul then loses me again with a western and a war film.

The best of the Bonds yes, but also just one of the best action movies in general. Connery is the best Bond and this is his best appearance. The coolest and baddest story of them all!

Raul how are you and Sean doing your graphics? On your phones? Or on a web site? Or? They look great btw!
Mines via phone, I just have a template and I change the letters and photos. Sean's is just pure awesome. I knew I'd have time constraints to do anything time consuming so I just kind of quickly throw mine together.

Mines via phone, I just have a template and I change the letters and photos. Sean's is just pure awesome. I knew I'd have time constraints to do anything time consuming so I just kind of quickly throw mine together.
Sean's doing a kick ass job! Your's looks great too! I'm taking note, if I ever do one of these Top 100s.

Sean's doing a kick ass job! Your's looks great too! I'm taking note, if I ever do one of these Top 100s.
I’m using Canva. Works well on my phone or laptop. I have used both. Their templates make it pretty easy. I still feel like I jack up the resizing, but thank you guys for the compliment.

Another from Rauldc’s list I haven’t seen in Goldfinger. I always think I will go on a Bond binge when the new one comes out, but I never do. I have seen everything from Brosnan on, and Dr No. So obviously I haven’t gone back and watched the older ones.

So fresh and imaginative. A delight to watch. Just the right length.

I think I probably give half a dozen movies the tag of undeniable masterpieces. This is one of them. I don't want to watch it every year, but it is never far from my mind.

Watched this for the second time last year. That cinematography, I mean damn. It's ridiculous. All these filmmakers know what they are doing, how can one look so much better than another.

Greatest movie about poverty ever made? Maybe so. Another great female performance in a Ray film.

I know it is some kind of blasphemy for this to be your favorite Welles...but I don't care. Even like the ending. Cotten should have been in everything.

The greatest straight up war film for me. Touching tribute to that day in Normandy. That Normandy scene is unbelievable. Hanks kills it for me in this.
I love Saving Private Ryan. Easily on my Top 5 Spielberg films.

The best of the Bonds yes, but also just one of the best action movies in general. Connery is the best Bond and this is his best appearance. The coolest and baddest story of them all!
This is not my favorite Bond, but it's on my Top 5. It's the most quintessential Bond film, introducing most of the tropes we've come to know the franchise for.

Bergmans most magnificent film for me. The way he uses the camera here just seems so swift. It's his most beautiful looking film for me.

So fresh and imaginative. A delight to watch. Just the right length.

I think I probably give half a dozen movies the tag of undeniable masterpieces. This is one of them. I don't want to watch it every year, but it is never far from my mind.

Watched this for the second time last year. That cinematography, I mean damn. It's ridiculous. All these filmmakers know what they are doing, how can one look so much better than another.

Greatest movie about poverty ever made? Maybe so. Another great female performance in a Ray film.

I know it is some kind of blasphemy for this to be your favorite Welles...but I don't care. Even like the ending. Cotten should have been in everything.
Seen 4 of the 5. My favorite here is Schindlers, which is a masterpiece. Days of Heaven is great too, needs a rewatch. Didn't like Pather. Ambersons was ok.

A film I can just keep coming back to. Still provides laughs to this day. One of my more quotable movies. Among the greatest comedies of all time for me obviously.

Schindler's List is great and on my last top 100 also. I don't know if it'd still make the cut if I were to redo it though. It's an incredible film, but I really, really hate watching it.

I like and/or respect a lot of Bergman's films, but The Virgin Spring is my least favorite of what I've seen from him. I just can't get into that one at all. I really didn't like The Hangover.