Body Building/Body Sculpting!

Tools    

Otherwise known as abdominal obesity. Doesn't sound so cool now, does it?!?
There's aesthetics (steroidaholics) and then there's the quest for raw power.

In other words, you can try to look like a beast... or you can be a beast.

Pre steroids Louis Cyr has records still unbeaten my modern lifters.

Obese? Weighed 300+ pounds.

How about Paul Anderson?

or Mark Henry?

Another Super Beast Vasili Alexeyev ('76 Olympic Gold winner)

Not quibbling with you ma'am but at the term 'obese' and what it means to many folks

Good work Destiny, putting in some solid work, swimming is really something I should get into more. Super sets are going well thanks, really enjoying it these days. Just trying for a bit more progression now and really pushing myself.

PG I went through a stage of doing a good few races and stuff ie 10 Mile, half marathon etc but not been out much since joining gym. What distance you running? I do agree, much better to get outside running, it's hard to beat.
Thanks, sweetie! It's funny, but for a while now, I seem to spend half the day trying to not be sick, just so I can go swim. Once I'm out there, I stay for hours. Two to five, with my record being eight hours in one day. Because of all this, though, I haven't been doing anything else. I don't suppose that's bad, though. I swim like mad, and do therapy, the entire time I'm out there.

Mostly 5km and 10km, but I might try a half marathon next year, the issue I have with it is that the compétitions are pretty expensive 30$ each time and the only thing I have for it is that they calculate my time haha
I know what you mean PG, I was going to do the Dublin marathon last year but it was too pricey. I actually struggled a bit recently at a 5k race, I would much rather have a 10k or half marathon.
I don't want to sound like a sissy to you guys, but even though I'd go for a five to ten mile marathon . . . They best be walking.

Obese? Weighed 300+ pounds.

How about Paul Anderson?

or Mark Henry?
I'm not sure where all that's coming from. He made a joke about a beer belly, so I posted info in a joking way, to keep it light. I don't mind jokes, if that's what they truly are. Sedai still has the best joke in the thread, in my opinion. It was hilarious! However, I like to keep them to a minimum, because of what I need to accomplish here. I am so greatful to these guys, for joining me on this. It helps me more than they will ever know.

Now, go Googling for a beer belly, and here is what pops up first . . .

Abdominal obesity, also known as beer belly, beer gut, pot belly, spare tyre or clinically as central obesity, is when excessive abdominal fat around the stomach and abdomen has built up to the extent that it is likely to have a negative impact on health.

I made my reply from that.

OK, I'm finally feeling better, so it's time for me to swim.

Unregistered User
Think I may have pushed myself too hard and done my back/neck in. Painful to twist my neck and now the thought of missing out on goig to the gym is making it so much worse. Got an appointment tomorrow morning so hopefully its not too bad.

I'm not sure where all that's coming from.
Just a slightly out of place and disjointed argument on my part.

Have you come to expect any less from me?

On the other hand, maybe I'll get back to the gym. I have one useless leg but could try to reclaim former glory re: upper body exercises.

Think I may have pushed myself too hard and done my back/neck in. Painful to twist my neck and now the thought of missing out on goig to the gym is making it so much worse. Got an appointment tomorrow morning so hopefully its not too bad.
Oh my word, Samoan. I sure hope you are OK. Keep us informed. I hate knowing someone is hurting. I know way too much about that stuff. God bless you, sweetie, and fingers crossed.

Just a slightly out of place and disjointed argument on my part.
Have you come to expect any less from me?
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't remember. I suppose that's why I didn't understand where all that was coming from. I Googled beer belly, and the first two words I saw, were abdominal obesity. Since it didn't sound cool like beer belly apparently does, I made that joke. Pretty simple, coming in from my side.

Originally Posted by Sir Toose
On the other hand, maybe I'll get back to the gym. I have one useless leg but could try to reclaim former glory re: upper body exercises.
I bet you'd feel a lot better. I suppose you know the most of my problems, and then again, it could be a whole lot worse.

I love these guys . . . .

They're gorgeous.

Unregistered User
What are your best times in running samoan?
To be honest, not great, i guess I never took it that seriously to try and get PB's. Marathon i think was 3hrs 57mins. 5k 24:09, 10k 49:08 and half marathon 1:51.

I was happy enough with the times with the exception of my maraton time, I got the pacing completely wrong.

What about yourself?

Unregistered User
Oh my word, Samoan. I sure hope you are OK. Keep us informed. I hate knowing someone is hurting. I know way too much about that stuff. God bless you, sweetie, and fingers crossed.
Cheers Destiny. Went this morning, doc actually found a lump at the side of my neck which i never had noticed before, so he's sent me for blood tests next Thursday but hopefully its just a swollen gland or something like that. He didn't seem too concerned about it.

Hows things?

To be honest, not great, i guess I never took it that seriously to try and get PB's. Marathon i think was 3hrs 57mins. 5k 24:09, 10k 49:08 and half marathon 1:51.

I was happy enough with the times with the exception of my maraton time, I got the pacing completely wrong.

What about yourself?
That's pretty good if you don't train yourself very seriously for it, since I joined the cross country team from my school my times got quite better.

I made a 1500m in 5:03, 1km in 3:09, 5km in 19:00 and a 10km in 39:36

Cheers Destiny. Went this morning, doc actually found a lump at the side of my neck which i never had noticed before, so he's sent me for blood tests next Thursday but hopefully its just a swollen gland or something like that. He didn't seem too concerned about it.

Hows things?
hope those blood tests come back negative for anything Sam.

Sorry, I know you've asked me how I was getting on at the gym but I thought I'd give it a month before I reported in! So, I've been going three times a week for six weeks now and have definately been feeling some benefit from it. My bad arthritic knee has felt a lot easier so the research I did and the advice I took from a GP neighbour is definately correct - keep the muscles in the calf and thigh strong. I barely feel my bad knee playing up now when I do a lond walk.
I know Destiny will be interested in what machines I'm using so I'll make a proper note of what they're called next time I go, but I'm doing all leg and arm ones at the mo - its a regime the trainer up there gave me to do to begin with.

Unregistered User
That's pretty good if you don't train yourself very seriously for it, since I joined the cross country team from my school my times got quite better.

I made a 1500m in 5:03, 1km in 3:09, 5km in 19:00 and a 10km in 39:36
Good going PG!! I''m impressed.

Unregistered User

Sorry, I know you've asked me how I was getting on at the gym but I thought I'd give it a month before I reported in! So, I've been going three times a week for six weeks now and have definately been feeling some benefit from it. My bad arthritic knee has felt a lot easier so the research I did and the advice I took from a GP neighbour is definately correct - keep the muscles in the calf and thigh strong. I barely feel my bad knee playing up now when I do a lond walk.
I know Destiny will be interested in what machines I'm using so I'll make a proper note of what they're called next time I go, but I'm doing all leg and arm ones at the mo - its a regime the trainer up there gave me to do to begin with.
That's great to hear Christine. Keep at it!! And keep us posted here.

Hows things?
Please let us know as soon as you can. I hope everything is OK.

If when you touch it, it feels like a pebble under your skin, and you can move it . . . It's probably a cyst. Those are not bad. I had a tiny pebble size cyst on my neck. It was right under my chin. Your doctor should be able to remove it right there in his office. I sort of removed mine, myself. I have a high tolerance for pain, and decided to save the money. Don't do that, though.

I hope you know something very soon. Please keep us informed. God bless you, dear.

My excuse is that I don't want to do steroids
Then I guess it's a good thing you don't have to use them. I'm sure the people here would rather none of us use them, and/or discuss them. They are dangerous. As far as the men in that photo . . . I'm not going to assume that's why they look the way they do. They can look like that from hard work, and possibly protein supplements, etc . . . For as rough as I have it, they have it a lot harder. You sure wouldn't know it from looking at them, though. God bless them all!

That is great news, Christine. Way to go, and I'm very happy it's working out for you.

Yep, I would love to here the names of the exercise machines, but no rush. I'll be getting the last machines from my friends house next Saturday. Then I'll post the proper names of all my machines, what they do exactly, as well as photos of them all.

So, some good news for me . . . When it's time for my pool to be covered for winter, my friend from across the street said that I can be her guest at the gym she goes to. We have around five or so gyms in this little city, and 3-4 are popular. They're well known. Well, the gym she uses is The National Fitness Center of America. I've seen it a lot. It's just a few blocks away. It's freakin' huge. There's every machine you can think of, with personal large screen tvs, and headphones. There's a basketball court, indoor running track, indoor Jr olympic size pool, jacuzzis, saunas, steamrooms, ropes, heavy bags, speed bags, weights, and more . . . Hot damn!!! If I truly like it, I'll buy a month of visits, for 34.00. My daughter will be my guest. If it works out nicely, I'll go until I can open my own pool back up. This is going to be great.

Great news Destiny!!

Will keep you posted. How exactly did you remove it yourself? Terminator-esque?
OK, but don't go doing this. I'm insane! You know that Salicylic Acid they make for the removal of calluses. You drop it on the hard/rough areas of your skin, and because it is so hard, it simply helps you peel them off. Well, because this was soft skin, it did burn a lot. As a matter of fact, it literally burned it, and then I took the burned skin, and peeled it off. I then squeezed it. Yes, yuk! It actually surprised me a bit. The doctor had told me that it would look like wet sand. Well, it didn't. It was like a blood clot, and it sprayed blood all over my hands, shirt, etc . . . There was also a big blob that looked like an old blood clot. Am I making you sick yet!?! Anyway, after all that, there is still a very small spot there. I'm just going to hold ice to it, and slit the stupid thing. Olive oil will get rid of the scar, once I am done.

So, what's up with your problem, dear? I sure hope everything is OK.

Hey guys, maybe y'all could give me some basic tips on getting into shape and eating healthy. I'm very skinny. I'm 5'10" and 130lbs. I have taken some Taekwondo classes and I want to go back. I like martial arts and I want to be able to defend myself if some jerk tries to rob me or intimidate me or hurt someone I care about. I exercise off and on. I'm pretty lazy and undisciplined about it, but lately I have been thinking a lot about that. I don't want to waste time because life is too short. So how should I structure an exercise schedule, and what should I do to keep tabs on myself? I don't eat enough. Eating only one meal in a day is not unusual for me, and that's a big part of why I'm so skinny. So do you have tips on a meal plan or something like that? I'm somewhat health conscious. I always try to eat as close to nature as possible, and stay away from artificial color/flavor, and things like margarine, and all that fake health food crap like fat free mayonnaise.

So yeah... basically just an exercise schedule, a meal plan, and any useful tips.