Opening Credits

Tools    

What film has the best opening credits? Watching Signs made me think about the extra effort that can go into this process, but seldom does. Sometimes they can really set the mood.

Alex DeLarge

what I do I do because I like to do

I really like Blade II's opening credits. Mostly due to Snipes' monologue.

Originally posted by Yoda
Catch Me If You Can had one of the best I've seen in quite some time.
Agreed. It reminded me of an old Atari game I have... Lock & Key or something like that.

Seven, creepy but cool, the NIN song was excellent, it fit perfectly.

I'm not sure if it is the opening credits or not but Way of the Gun has one of the best opening scenes I've ever seen.

"shut that **** up before I ****start her head"

cant believe no-one has mentioned the opening credits to snatch yet (or am i the only one sad enough to think they were good?). se7en's were good too, but snatch's were probably the most original i've seen yet.

and if they had had credits there. romeo + juliet and apocalypse now would be noteworthy, god how ****ing hot was clare danes in that movie (prize to the first person to say 'i didnt know clare danes was in apocalypse now!?').

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Se7en, Fight Club, Spider-Man, Snatch, Panic Room are a few.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Snatch. Oh Spudly. So very, very yes.

"I mean, it's a nice story, Adam and Eve..."

Meanwhile. Call me a child. Monsters Inc. would be one of my favorites. The animation is wonderful. The doors are genius. And the music? Well. The music is sublime.

Snatch! yes! Guy Ritchie is a Genius-oh wait, no he isnt, he married madonna, but still, i agree totaly

i didnt know claire danes was in apocalypse now......no really, i didnt....
but did you know cuba gooding jnr was in coming to america? *boy getting haircut* and steven spielberg was the blues brothers? *back in 5 minutes* you prolly did, you guys being oh so wise when it comes to movies
actually, speaking of "cameos" nicolas cage is in the godfather part 3...but where?! i cant find him! does anyone know!?

Well, I don't believe Nic Coppola is anywhere in The Godfather Part III, which is probably why it's been difficult to spot him. Have a try with Fast Times at Ridgemont High, as Cage-spotting is a much easier sport there.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

As usual, Silver and Chris seem to have stolen my choices. Silver, you really should see Catch Me If You Can. Wonderful film!

well, im about 99.9% sure that i saw his name in the credits, ill double check, but yeah, i saw what i saw

Nicholas Gage with a G was an executive producer in that movie.

I will see Catch Me If You Can in the next little while Grace.

It opens here on the ninth.

ah gage! that would explain a lot--thank you

The opening credits for SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE, and FIGHT CLUB.

Definitely think Seven was original.

Definitely think Seven was original and creative.