The King's reviews

→ in
Tools    

The King of Movies
Starwars isn't an actual war movie. When i mean war movies i mean movies about one army against another army fighting. Movies like Saving Private Ryan are what i'm talking about.

Movies like Starwars and Rambo are not what im talking about.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
War movies just bore me. They all seem the same.

The main reason is that the fighting scenes in the movies are realy boring.
I find fight scenes in most movies spectacular, I love watching and rewatching movies with all types of fight scenes in them. My wife is the same as you King she doesnt like fight scenes, as in one guy beating another guy but she does like good effects in films like Star Wars and of course BSG

Welcome to the human race...
War movies just bore me. They all seem the same.

The main reason is that the fighting scenes in the movies are realy boring.
Well, of course they're going to seem the same - the one thing that every war movie has in common is that it's, you know, got a WAR going on in it. That's kind of what distinguishes war movies from most others.

Plus, just because they seem the same doesn't mean they are. Platoon, Apocalypse Now and The Deer Hunter all cover the exact same war but in vastly different ways (ranging from a semi-autobiographical account of actual service to the war as an allegory for the darker side of humanity to the war's effects on the men back home).

Also, how are fighting scenes in war movies boring exactly?

Starwars isn't an actual war movie. When i mean war movies i mean movies about one army against another army fighting. Movies like Saving Private Ryan are what i'm talking about.

Movies like Starwars and Rambo are not what im talking about.
Going by that logic, Star Wars actually is a war movie - it fits your criteria of "one army against another" in that the entire original trilogy revolves around a war being fought between the Imperials and the Rebels (to say nothing of the prequels). Among other places, George Lucas drew his fair share of inspiration for action sequences from old war movies.

The King of Movies
Bruno

Seeing as Australia was one of the first countries to have Bruno released (yeah, i have no idea why it was released here before the US either, but hey im not complaining) i thought it would give a early review of it.

The film is pretty much the gay version of Borat. Like Sasha Baron Cohen pretty much swapped over Borat with a gay dude from Austria called Bruno. The plot is almost exactly the same as Borat (the plot is, is Bruno comes to America to be famouse).

The simlirties between the two films go as far as the fact that in Borat he had a manager he had a fight with and then made up with and in Bruno the exact same thing happend (obviously with a diffrent manager).

Even though the film is similar to Borat, that does not mean it is bad. The film is fuc!ing funny as *****. The amount of discusting humor would force anyone to laugh regardless of who they are. The gay refrences and jokes keep comming and yet again Sasha Baron Cohen shows America's inner feelings towards certain things (in this case homosexuality).

I think everyone will like this film, as although the film is tasteless, it some how doesnt go too far. Is it better than Borat? It's roughly the same, execpt gayer. I give it 8/10.

I loved Borat, and I thought this movie would be exactly the same. That gave me some worries. But if you say its the same basic outline but still funny, then i'd say its worth a watch

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Loved Borat, loved Ali G, seen some stuff from Bruno which was hilarious. Can't wait to see this. Question is where does Baron Cohen go from here?

The King of Movies
Loved Borat, loved Ali G, seen some stuff from Bruno which was hilarious. Can't wait to see this. Question is where does Baron Cohen go from here?
Thats what i was thinking. He has no more characters left. And i think if he creates another character and movie with the whole format in which he makes films like Borat and Bruno it will become stale and un-funny.

Thanks for the review King the first very positive one I have read

The King of Movies
Mallboy

The chances are, that you have't ever heard of this film. The chances are, that if you watch this film you won't understand the think accent and the chances are, you won't probably even see this film.

This Aussie film follows some kid called Shaun around and is about how he tries to change his life which is spent in the lower class suburbs of my city Melbourne.

The film was very good from my perspective and the film was shot at places i actually go to (the mall where it was filmed at, is my local mall). I could relate to many of the issues that the film brought up.

Although the film is good from my perspective, i doubt anyone who doesn't live in Melbourne, let alone Australia would either understand it or like it. For example I can't imagine Mr.Average Joe from North Carolina or somewhere sitting down and understandding the Aussie slang, humor and issues the movie is raising.

Overall a fantastic film. If you get a chance to watch it, (i doubt it's shown outside of Australia) watch it. But it really depends on who you are and where you are from if you will like it. I give it 8/10