Opening Credits

Tools    

Catch me if you Can had excellent opening credits. Signs credits was also cool, the score itself was the best this year. Spider-Man was pretty good too.

*bump*

The Napoleon Dynamite credits were pretty nice. They had a really fitting song by the White Stripes.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Napolean Dynamites opening credits were so amazing they should have won an oscar.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

ok are we talkin opening credits or scenes? cuz people are spouting off both anyhoo
for opening credits i thought the new dawn of the dead had the best.
opening scene would have to be american beauty or blade runner

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
Napolean Dynamites opening credits were so amazing they should have won an oscar.

My Man Godfrey

Not only are the opening credits entertaining and technically impressive, they even have a subtext that informs the entire rest of the film. Easily Kong's favorite credit sequence.
The Human Sexes - Vol. 6 (1997): Good stuff.
The Human Sexes - Vol. 5 (1997): Good stuff.
Stella Dallas (1937): Excellent film. Barbara Stanwyck was terrific.

The best of the five is featured in blue.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Originally Posted by Lance McCool
I know. I just said that in some other thread and it got shut out so I said it in here as a joke.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Jungle Fever doesn't get enough credit for its opening credits. I don't understand how basically the entire movie can be on youtube, but the beginning isn't unless it's some hassle over the Stevie Wonder song.

Banned from Hollywood.
Hards to tell really,

I thought Vertigo's opening credits were incredible..for their time..quite original.

As far as modern movies go..most of them ditch the opening credits and use only the film title...but an exception to that rule and quite original too is Requiem for a Dream ...great music, great shots of coney island, great everything..

I also liked Cronenberg's Dead Ringers opening credits..with the sad music and nice background.

Making a difference
Killshot it is though not a new movie but its one of my best opening credit in recent times

May be a little dated now... but I always liked the opening credits for
and
had a rather unforgettable opening... disturbingly so, but still unforgettable (to me)...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Seven is a notable mention. creativity wise i liked napolean dynamite which had nothing else going for it. The number 23 was good. cant think of any more at the moment

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?