Are audiences so sensitive and offended by movie content nowadays?

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
@Captain Steel

"Racial Noahs Ark", top marks, I did chuckle. I may steal that one at some point.

Account terminated on request
It was still way snarky.
Yes. At myself. That was the point.

That is, if you weren't so eager to shoot from the hip that you could see it.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Welcome to the human race...
Are MoFos so sensitive and offended by post content nowadays?

re: Steel, yeah uh I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't find the concept of a New York City public school having such a level of racial diversity to be particularly implausible.

re: Steel, yeah uh I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't find the concept of a New York City public school having such a level of racial diversity to be particularly implausible.
Hehe it's not! The most diverse schools these days come from states like Kansas, Kentucky and the likes!

https://council.nyc.gov/data/school-diversity-in-nyc/

And funding mostly is directed to mostly white schools too.

Not saying it was implausible, just so perfectly dispersed as to be noticable.

Frankly, I'd expect to see a lot more black and Hispanic kids in a NYC public school.
Having two of each ethnic group just to "represent" seemed a bit corny (much like the cartoon I mentioned which was set up with a relatively equal ethnic dispersment as its main theme).

But it's not a problem or anything, just something I observed and which I think is driven by a goal to be politically correct.

For me, the bigger issue is this need to change established character's ethnicities just to fulfill some kind of diversity quota.

We used to call it tokenism (which is a negative because it's a focus only on a person's skin color to force diversity rather than focus on who a person is). But now tokenism is something positive in our "woke" modern world... (minorities should be proud to be exploited just to fill a quota and be used for the color of their skin rather than the content of their character - or their acting ability).

There are ways to enhance diversity in entertainment media, but forcing the issue doesn't seem to be a good one.

Frankly, I'd expect to see a lot more black and Hispanic kids in a NYC public school.
It would depend upon the neighborhood. Obviously in Harlem there won’t be too many white kids even though it’s gentrifying.

UES you’re gonna see a lot more white kids.

Parts of Queens, there will be tons of Asian kids.

Etc., etc.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
If it wasn't A24, it probably wouldn't have been made. I don't think millennials fight for anything in the past. Millennials are just an easy target. The only thing that would get millennials' knickers in a twist would be Android Vs iOS (for the record, I am team Android)!

It's not as bad as it sounds.... It has taken a lot of fight to get to where we are today. But there is still a looooong way to go.
Well I saw the movie The Farewell, and after watching it, it seems like a lot of companies could have made this movie, why is it that A24 seems to be the only one that would get it made in possible some people's minds?

No one was willing to compromise on the American setting and American characters and that too having the movie in English. Could have made it is one thing, did it is completely another. Fox and Disney or Sony and Disney approached her for the rights with those options she said no. It got shelved for a while, along came A24. In the industry, they are the only ones a little bit against the grain so to speak. To the major players, profit is the key. Selling a Chinese movie in America is still hard, but these companies do not realize the changing demographics of the US. The farewell turned out to be an overwhelming success critically.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
But there are movies made with Chinese casts, in all Mandarin that are made all the time. I watch a lot of that cinema, and a lot of those movies are not made by A24. So wouldn't they be willing to take on such a script and have it in all Chinese? Sure they are not American companies, but is that really a big deal, since several Chinese and Hong Kong movies are still successful in box office?

Were the filmmakers who wanted to make it not willing to have it be made by a non-American company at all? Plus why would you go to Disney and Fox for something like this? Those companies make fast food entertainment. Taking a script like The Farewell to Disney, is like going to McDonalds' and trying to order dom perignon. So wouldn't the filmmakers want to try other companies, than Disney or Fox, which would likely turn them down on such a script? Was A24 literally the third company they went to, or was there more in between?

When you say it got shelved for a while, that makes it sound like the filmmakers gave up after only giving the script to two companies.