Yes
87.76%
43 votes
No
6.12%
3 votes
Maybe
49 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Another piece where there was a noticeable difference is that that I wasn't bullied in school. By all accounts, I was your typical bullying target, I was small (still am), quiet (less so now), and nerdy (definitely). But I wasn't bullied. The kids of color were bullied (to the point that one of the black kids at my school had to loudly talk about how much he hated black culture seriously ALL of the time just to get it to stop) and the LGBT kids were bullied (incessantly, seriously it was crazy). But I grew up in a white & conservative area. So while I was a seriously fantastic bullying target, I was still "in" because I was straight & white.
I just read many of this thread's posts for the first time. There's a lot I disagree with, but I strongly disagree with this as an example of white privilege, respectfully. I'm wondering if you could guess why.

I just read many of this thread's posts for the first time. There's a lot I disagree with, but I strongly disagree with this as an example of white privilege, respectfully. I'm wondering if you could guess why.
TBH I'm really not interested in reviving this topic. If you want to say why you think it's not go ahead.

I'm just letting you know instead of not replying, not ignoring you, appreciate the discussion, I just don't think this topic has been worthwhile so I'd just as well let it fade.

TBH I'm really not interested in reviving this topic. If you want to say why you think it's not go ahead.

I'm just letting you know instead of not replying, not ignoring you, appreciate the discussion, I just don't think this topic has been worthwhile so I'd just as well let it fade.
Completely understandable, and your grace is very much appreciated. That alone makes me respect your feelings on the matter.

You stated you grew up in a white and conservative area, and I would assume the school you went to reflected that. You were not bullied but the kids of color, who were in the minority, were. I would call this majority privilege rather than white privilege. If circumstances forced you to move and switch schools, and attend a mostly black school, you would suddenly be in the minority and most certainly be the target of bullying. If on the other hand, you attended a predominantly black school, and were somehow exempt from being victimized because you were white, I think we could have a conversation about white privilege. I think if people are going to make a case for the generalization of white privilege, it needs to go across the board. If it's all due to circumstance, it becomes circumstantial privilege.

I will often rep somebody I am debating in a political thread even if I completely disagree with their post. It's out of respect if they are at least being thoughtful and fair. For instance, I wouldn't rep someone who randomly showed up to post nothing more than a facepalm even though they didn't understand the conversation
I assure you most people leaving a facepalm very much understand the conversation. It's just that it is a very appropriately succinct response at times.

I assure you most people leaving a facepalm very much understand the conversation. It's just that it is a very appropriately succinct response at times.
So you realize you left a facepalm because I didn't know someone who was brought up by an intoxicated person, and that someone had zero to do with the conversation?

So you realize you left a facepalm because I didn't know someone who was brought up by an intoxicated person, and that someone had zero to do with the conversation?
It's not about who Jim Crow the character was it's about what Jim Crow laws were. The fact that you still don't know about it or are referring to a character rather than a set of laws is telling. It doesn't matter if the person who brought it up was intoxicated or not. What matters is that you went on a multi page diatribe about race and white privilege and then got exposed as not knowing what Jim Crow laws were.

If you still don't see how Jim Crow laws have anything to do with race relations and white privilege in the US, then I feel I'm really wasting my time here.

P.S Correction to your post. I left 7 facepalms.

THAT INTOXICATED PERSON WASN'T ME, so you should disregard everything they said.

I'm legit the only trustworthy drunk person on MoFo! *angelface*

It's not about who Jim Crow the character was it's about what Jim Crow laws were. The fact that you still don't know about it or are referring to a character rather than a set of laws is telling. It doesn't matter if the person who brought it up was intoxicated or not. What matters is that you went on a multi page diatribe about race and white privilege and then got exposed as not knowing what Jim Crow laws were.

If you still don't see how Jim Crow laws have anything to do with race relations and white privilege in the US, then I feel I'm really wasting my time here.

P.S Correction to your post. I left 7 facepalms.
The Jim Crow laws have nothing to do with me or my views. If you disagree with something I said in the thread, then try to give a thoughtful counterargument. Don't come in like a hit and run coward looking to insult.

The Jim Crow laws have nothing to do with me or my views. If you disagree with something I said in the thread, then try to give a thoughtful counterargument. Don't come in like a hit and run coward looking to insult.
I'm not saying you are for or against the Jim Crow laws. That was not my point.
I just don't see how you can think that Jim Crow laws had no effect on the whole argument. The only thing more ridiculous would be if you said slavery has nothing to do with it.

I would have gladly engaged in a debate but not after you went on for pages on end with some inflammatory statements. It's not exactly showing openness to discussion.

I'm not saying you are for or against the Jim Crow laws. That was not my point.
I just don't see how you can think that Jim Crow laws had no effect on the whole argument. The only thing more ridiculous would be if you said slavery has nothing to do with it.

I would have gladly engaged in a debate but not after you went on for pages on end with some inflammatory statements. It's not exactly showing openness to discussion.
It didn't happen that way, but in your defense there were posts that were removed (not mine). I don't feel like looking through the whole thread again, but the way in which it was brought up, it was completely irrelevant. It was as if I would be in support of that way of thinking.

I don't believe I made any inflammatory statements that weren't true. I would have no issue if you could correct me on that.

White Privilege is a myth perpetuated by liberals. Take most countries from Asia and their average household income in America is higher than whites. The average Nigerian household in America makes more than the average white household, and the reason is that they go to and graduate from college at a high rate. American born blacks are behind whites, yes, but that's because of the extremely high rate of single mother families, and the very poor high school graduation rate. These two factors directly result in more crime and poverty. You can't say one group is privileged being ahead of another group when that group has massive shortcomings that need to be improved.
Indeed. The biggest "advantaged" group are the Indians by household income:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...usehold_income

With median income more than twice of the whites: 126,906 dollars versus 61,349 dollars.

There is no such thing as a "white privilege" but there is prejudice against non-whites or foreigners in general. This prejudice doesn't mean that their incomes will be smaller since in the labor market companies don't care if their employees are pink as long as they are productive for the company.

I think prejudice is more cultural than economic, there is plenty of prejudice against Asians and Indians for instance (as these groups are often stereotyped), but their group on average makes more than the average.

lol what a cuck. let's all laugh at the cuck! HAHAHAHAHA, what a cuck you are Iro.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534