Anybody using Firefox with PC here at MoFo?

Tools    

Ever since the last update to Firefox everytime I make a post at MoFo and hit the enter key of my keyboard for a paragraph.I get these double spaced paragraphs.

See like this! I tried looking on the internet for a solution but didn't see one. I did fix this probably once years ago here:https://www.movieforums.com/communit...42#post2307642
But now it's back again with the last update to Firefox.

Who can help?

You ready? You look ready.
Firefox is the only right way to browse the web. That said, I haven’t encountered what you are experiencing. i’ll check it out when i’m back at a computer

Firefox is the only right way to browse the web. That said, I haven’t encountered what you are experiencing. i’ll check it out when i’m back at a computer
Thanks! Let me know what you find out. I do see other post here with big spaces between

the paragraphs. I assume those people are using Firefox as well.

I have the same problem. I just go back and edit them out. But if there is a better fix, i can't wait to hear about it.
That's what I've been doing but man is it driving my crazy. You could try the fix that I had in that link, that did work for me at one time.

Probably a text formatting issue. In Word you can modify those spaces between paragraphs, so I imagine on a coding level the same function is happening when you use the message board with your Fox browser. If it only happens while on MoFo and nowhere else its a compatibility issue between your browser and this site.

I have the same issue when using Chrome on my Android phone to post on this site.

I think I've mainly had this issue when I'm pasting a link. When I tried to make it happen before I put the link in, the spacing looked fine.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0048318/

Usually I just preview my post and delete any extra spacing. I don't have a real solution.

Actually, scratch that qualification! Here's how a post looks without the link.

There is still extra spacing..

Probably a text formatting issue. In Word you can modify those spaces between paragraphs, so I imagine on a coding level the same function is happening when you use the message board with your Fox browser. If it only happens while on MoFo and nowhere else its a compatibility issue between your browser and this site.
Thanks but I don't want to open a word/writing program just to make a post. I only post here and on a computer board and on the computer board the double spacing doesn't happen.

Try shift enter, in some editors that gives you a single line break.
Thanks that works, but it's not intuitive for me and kinda hard to do while typing on the fly.

Actually, scratch that qualification! Here's how a post looks without the link.

There is still extra spacing..
Yeah I see your double spacing too. I see a lot of post like that. It's good you mentioned it happens on your android.

Firefox has been doing that since I started using it which was about a year ago. Mildly annoying but I'm used to it. Just post in long paragraphs. People seem to like that anyway.

I found the shift-enter thing a little odd at first but got used to it, mostly because so many places do it these days (in order to allow "enter" by itself to submit the thing being typed).

Firefox has been doing that since I started using it which was about a year ago. Mildly annoying but I'm used to it. Just post in long paragraphs. People seem to like that anyway.
You could've fixed that problem by doing this:

type about:config in browser address field>click 'I accept the risk'>type into the search field: editor.use_div_for_default_newlines and toggle that from true to false.

Give that a try and see if it helps. It use to work for me but in the last couple weeks it doesn't.

You ready? You look ready.
Personally I prefer the extra spacing.

But I could see how that would be annoying to some. Oh look, it did it here, too
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Ever since the last update to Firefox everytime I make a post at MoFo and hit the enter key of my keyboard for a paragraph.I get these double spaced paragraphs.

See like this! I tried looking on the internet for a solution but didn't see one. I did fix this probably once years ago here:https://www.movieforums.com/communit...42#post2307642
But now it's back again with the last update to Firefox.

Who can help?

I have always used Firefox and this has always been my experience here. I thought it was a website thing...

I have always used Firefox and this has always been my experience here. I thought it was a website thing...
I don't post anywhere else except one other computer board so I don't know if it would happen or not on other boards. Have you seen the double spacing on any other boards that you posted on?

You could try changing the editor options in your profile. That'll mean losing some of the Word-style formatting previews and stuff like that (and seeing the ugly bbCode stuff instead), but I believe it should address this particular thing.