A Million Little Things

Tools    

"I'm sorry re we having a baby or starting a law firm?" Gary's obsession over the mucus plug had me on the floor. Can't believe Gary has never heard of Braxton Hicks contractions before. That AC/DC onesy was adorable. It was weird that somehow Delilah and Charlie are at the forefront of Eddie's mind all of a sudden, he hasn't spoken of them in months. Maggie just had Braxton Hicks contractions and she's still trying to work? Loved that Maggie's water broke on the air. Why is it just now occurring to TPTB to put Sophie and Tyrell together? The scenes of Rome and Eddie putting the crib together weren't exactly appointment television. Katherine's elaborate proposal to Greta was lovely even though I didn't really buy that Katherine took so long to catch onto what Katherine was doing. This was the first time I've ever seen a woman on her stomach during childbirth.

Gary and Maggie's baby is adorable. Why is Maggie acting like she is the only person on the planet who knows how to raise a baby? Are we supposed to buy that Nicole realized Eddie was having that accident flashback? Maggie's becoming really annoying again. "You mash em up they're still carrots, I can't believe people put these in cake." "This isn't about reconciling, this is about closet space." Really liked the actress playing Gary's aunt. m That scene between Rome and Walter was extremely well-written and acted...it reminded me of the jumping of Anthony Hopkins' mind in The Father. Once again, the writers have decided that Theo is 35 years old with the mind of a private eye. Not sure if Eddie and Nicole being involved is a good idea. Romany Malco nailed that final scene with Regina regarding Walter's future.

Glad Gary's aunt realizes that Maggie thinks she knows everything. What the hell is an insurance conference? In the five seasons this show has been on the air we have never seen one inkling of Gary having any kind of job and now, all of a sudden, after just becoming a father, he has to go to an insurance conference? Loving David Walton as Colton...have loved him ever since he was New Girl. Loved George Wyner as Greta's dad. I kind of figured that Colton was going to try and squeeze Maggie out, but it's kind of her hard to sympathize with her right now. Loved when Walter didn't recognize Omar and Jay Pharoah played the scene perfectly. It's amazing how Walter always has an excuse at the tip of his tongue to explain his memory slips. OK, it seemed odd to me that Greta would ask her parents to tell Katherine how they met...if Greta and Katherine went to high school together, wouldn't Katherine have heard this story already at some point? I do have to agree with Maggie on one thing...Inez' baby voice is annoying. Hope Gina knows what she's getting into trying to make peace between Rome and Omar...that almost never works. The turnaround of Eddie's professor was a little too quick, but Liz Vassey totally played that scene. Glad Maggie realized that she owed Jessica an apology. Loved the cookie jar scene but that shirt Romany Malco had on was hideous. Romany and Jay work really well together and if this weren't the last season, I would suggest they bring Jay on the show full time. Someone who is supposedly so evolved as Greta shouldn't be so blind to accepting her parents' impending divorce. Walter took the news about assisted living a lot easier than he should have, considering all the grief he's been giving Rome and Gina the last few episodes. Maggie and Jessica splitting up the show was a nice idea, as long as they don't try to do the show together. Javier is SO adorable.

I can't believe they're doing this to little Charley...I guess this is a way of ruining Eddie's chances of spending more time with his daughter. Loved when Walter referred to the smell of the facility as a combination of urine and oatmeal. Is Rome actually surprised that Walter has a problem with all the facilities they've look at so far? So great to see Delilah again, but I was a little disappointed that they haven't figured out what to do with this woman's hair yet. It still looks like a rat's nest. Delilah's rudeness to Nicole was uncalled for but Eddie made up for it. Gary teaching Javier the theme song to The Beverly Hillbillies was hysterical. Everything with Sophie and Tyrell was a little cutesy for my tastes. I could have lived without the flashback of Sophie learning about John's death. Wonder why this was felt to be relevant after all of this time. That was so messed up when Daniel turned on that episode of Taxi? Loved when Gary told Daniel to "stick with dudes." Glad Eddie and Delilah apologized to each other. Sophie and Tyrell's first kiss made up for the earlier cutesyness. LOVED Gary and Daniel working that hostess for a booth. I liked that Delilah was encouraging Eddie, but I'm still not sure a romance with Nicole is a good thing. The Christopher Lloyd cameo was AWESOME! Loved that Walter met a high school buddy at the facility. Tyrell looked hurt that Sophie wanted to keep their tryst a secret.

Nice to see that Christina Moses (Gina) directed this episode. The return to the breast cancer support group was a bit of a surprise. Loved the flashback scenes with Ron Livingston as John. "Gary's a strong cup of coffee...you could be his half and half." Can't wait to find out if Katherine not inviting Delilah to her wedding was intentional and the reveal of what happened I did not see coming at all. Liked Gina's sweatshirts with her logo. Liked when Gary and Maggie bonded with Kirsten and Tim. Really liking Sophie and Tyrell together and wondering why it took so long to hook them up. Glad they're not rushing it too, despite this being the final season. Can't believe Katherine's om gave Greta all that money. Painting over Daniel and Sophie's growth marks was a little cliched for my tastes. I like that Theo apologized to Delilah but it doesn't make what he did any less wrong. Why would Rome and Gina confront Tyrell like that in front of everybody else? Love that Sophie and Tyrell think that they're doing so good at hiding what's going on between them. About halfway through this episode, I got a vibe that this might be the series finale, which would explain the John flashbacks. Glad Tyrell and Sophie came clean with Rome and Gina. "Dee, we share a child, I think we can share a spoon." If this was, indeed, the series finale, it was beautifully again. Good job, Christina. I know this show didn't have much of a following, but I enjoyed it and will miss it.

Well, I guess I was wrong about last week's episode being the series finale. How embarrassing. Why did they have to wait until Katherine's wedding to bring up her father the donut maker? OK, who is this Benny guy and why is he being introduced this late in the game? "Despite what my outfit suggests, I have no emotional connection to this job." Gary was right, Maggie has been shutting Gary out of a lot decisions regarding Javier. Gina really needs to get off her holier than thou soapbox if she wants to win this election. That scene of Katherine and Greta in that nasty bathroom was a little on the corny side. It's weird that they're trying re-introduce Delilah to the canvas after being gone for so long. I hope they didn't bring her back just to hook her up with Eddie. LOVED Katherine's wedding dress. I would have gone with white shoes though. I guess I understand Gary's anger toward Eddie but is it really any of Gary's business? Is Gary coughing up blood connected to his breast cancer?

I feel terrible for Gary, I couldn't imagine that I was actually right. I liked James Roday Rodriguez bald look until he shaved his eyebrows. Can Eddie really afford to buy a house right now? Even if it's in Springfield? How can he go to college and keep up on mortgage payments at the same time? Javier is a year old? Didn't Maggie just give birth like five episodes ago? I guess it never crossed Sophie's mind that three might be a crowd with Gary and Maggie. The airport farewell was a little on the sappy side for my tastes, but I understand it. "We need to go home...you need to help me unpack...and we all need to get in the same bed together." I had actually forgotten that Gary and Maggie aren't married. Maggie's wedding dress was beautiful.

Cannot believe the progression of Gary's illness since the last episode. Why was Gary not speaking in the opening scene? I always suspected Gary would want to end his life under his own power than letting the disease play out. We just just know that Maggie is going to find out about Gary's plan before Gary wants her to. "The last time I was a roadie I also had a flip phone." How did Daniel and Sophie get in charge of choosing a casket? I thought I'd lose it when Gary farted...that was a perfect moment of comic relief at just the right time. Did Daniel actually use the word "Kismet"? Seriously? Loved Eddie's talk with Katherine, I hope he heard what Katherine was saying. So thrilled that Rome's dad was there for him and was the perfect sounding board that Rome needed right then, really nice scene. The billboard was awesome. I liked the Gary stories scene at Katherine's house, but I think there was just a tad too much jocularity in the scene for my tastes. Did we really need to see Maggie and Javier in the future watching Gary's video? And did we need to know that future Maggie is dating? And with the final scene taking place at a hockey game makes me once again think that I have just watched the series finale.