Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

Would love to read that!

Finished The Hot Zone, it turned into a boring no-stakes disaster film novelization in the last 50 or so pages Was great when it was about Africa though.

12-years-belated congrats on finishing the book, Miss Vicky. Now get it published dammit!

Finished all 6 books. Only managed to read 2/3rds of what Karl Ove Knausgaard wrote (some parts I simply could not get through), but I enjoyed it. Glad I am finished & back to Kindle books now.

Well-written interesting book from Kenney Jones, dummer with The Small Faces, Faces & The Who.

I'm not keen on the typography for this one – I didn't immediately see the author's name for what it was. Lowercase letters would have made it clearer.

I started reading this over a year ago. About 1/2 in to it, I started another book. Many of time, I wanted to pick it back up again and but I forgot the title. Even tried to google things I remembered of what I read but no avail. For some reason, I remembered and yes, it was on my kindle. I recently finished it. There are two other books I want to re-read and finish.

This book is about Don Julius Caesar d'Austria, Bastard son of King Rudolph, a Hapsburg king, and his murder of the daughter of a BloodLetter/Barber and Owner of a Bathhouse in Bohemia (Czech). I know the premise is based on a real-life event but the story is made up around it.

I give it a 4/5.

Now I need to finish reading Miss Vicky's book.

Excellent autobiography.

Strange & disturbing.

Didn’t like this book or its movie adaptation.

Could not make it through the first story. Returned for a refund.

Before he died, Bill Cunningham took photos of well-dressed ladies on the streets of Manhattan for the New York Times. It was always my dream that he would take my photo, but it never happened. Amusing autobiography published posthumously.

Good book. Moving.
Is that a recent book? It's just that she was on The Graham Norton Show the other day along with Michael Caine, who was also promoting a new biography. They were talking about the lousy films they made together .

A system of cells interlinked
Hyperion - Dan Simmons

I guess there is a reason this book is on the Top 100 Sci-Fi books of all time list. Great stuff.

Is that a recent book? It's just that she was on The Graham Norton Show the other day along with Michael Caine, who was also promoting a new biography. They were talking about the lousy films they made together .
Brand-new. She’ll be on all the shows now. Here they’re making a big thing of the recent death of Burt Reynolds vis-a-vis Sally. Good negative publicity for her.

Will check out Caine new book, which is the 1st I’ve heard of it.

Brand-new. She’ll be on all the shows now. Here they’re making a big thing of the recent death of Burt Reynolds vis-a-vis Sally. Good negative publicity for her.
Yes she was supposedly the love of his life.

Hyperion - Dan Simmons

I guess there is a reason this book is on the Top 100 Sci-Fi books of all time list. Great stuff.
That's a great cover.

Yes she was supposedly the love of his life.
Not according to her. A very very controlling guy. Sounds like he was a pain in the ass.

Not according to her. A very very controlling guy. Sounds like he was a pain in the ass.
Yes, I think he acknowledged that he'd ruined the relationship in an interview of a few years back.