60.87%
14 votes
Batman (1989)
47.83%
11 votes
Superman (1978)
23 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I'm actually surprised a lot of people, not off here, but anywhere, think that Hackman's Lex Luthor was too campy, and yet they like Nicholson's Joker, and think he's not as campy in comparison.

I'm actually surprised a lot of people, not off here, but anywhere, think that Hackman's Lex Luthor was too campy, and yet they like Nicholson's Joker, and think he's not as campy in comparison.

Because Luthor isn't meant to be campy... he's supposedly a super-genius villain, not a flamboyant real estate con-man.

Joker though, at that time at least, was loud, colourful, flamboyant and campy, and Nicholson played it to perfection.
He was the polar opposite to Batman's dark and moody persona so Nicholson's Joker against this new dark version of Batman (compared to the Batman people knew from the 1960s), was spot on.

Because Luthor isn't meant to be campy... he's supposedly a super-genius villain, not a flamboyant real estate con-man.

Joker though, at that time at least, was loud, colourful, flamboyant and campy, and Nicholson played it to perfection.
He was the polar opposite to Batman's dark and moody persona so Nicholson's Joker against this new dark version of Batman (compared to the Batman people knew from the 1960s), was spot on.
i think hackman was great as lex luthor