Cannabis now legal in Canada

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Today is the first day that cannabis is legal in Canada. Which makes Canada the world's largest marijuana marketplace.

The only legal way to purchase it right now is online, in Ontario at least (stores will start selling early next year, maybe April).

Canada will pardon all those with convictions for possessing up to 30 grams of marijuana, the now-legal threshold.

It'll be interesting to see how this all goes down. People are already complaining about the price (go figure).

Suspect's Reviews

The only legal way to purchase it right now is online, in Ontario at least (stores will start selling early next year, maybe April).
Here in Newfoundland, many physical stores already had their licenses approved and some even opened at midnight. Apparently there were line-ups around the block.

I was reading this article since it kept showing up on FB, and one thing I found hilarious was a quote from the guy who bought the first legal weed:
It's been my dream to be the first person to buy the first legal gram of cannabis in Canada, and here I finally am
How long has this been a goal of his, I wonder? I'd suggest trying to aim higher in the future, but at least he did accomplish one dream haha.

smart move canada

A good time to buy shares in Canadian pizza outlets.

(in no way does the above constitute financial advice and it should be remembered that pizza slices can come back up again as well as go down)

I tried some Medical MJ and it was just terrible. I took a small dosage in the evening and I was kept awake all night with a terrible dry throat. I would wake up every hour or two and my throat was so dry that I could hardly breathe and I had to go drink a bunch of water. That was repeated every hour or two for about six hours. What a bunch of crap.

I had to go to a clinic and see a special doctor who called himself a "Doctor of Marijuana". He was nothing more than a con man. He acted extremely excited - as if his Medical MJ was the answer to all the world's problems. But having dealt with con men before, it was obvious he was making big bucks by pushing that garbage. I found the entire process to be completely despicable.

I had a lot of experience using MJ during college and for many years in the 70s after college. Then, one day, I just got tired of it and didn't touch it for about 20 years. At this time, I have no interest in MJ. I find it to be just a boring drug at this time.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But if I was going to use MJ again, I would just buy it and smoke it or much, much, better, I would grow it. Growing Hydroponic MJ is incredibly cheap and you can grow the strongest variety you will ever try. The only expensive item is the electricity. It doesn't pay to steal electricity. It's far too easy to get caught and I have no idea how this "legalization" has affected the penalties for growing MJ.

But anyone for anyone who may be interested in my experience, if you want to try Medical MJ, I would advise you to try a very tiny amount and see how you feel about it. I think the entire experience was just a quick way for a bunch of quacks to make a whole lot of money. Be careful. Please be careful.

I can't drink, I have a fat liver, marijuana was my option for recreation a couple of year ago.
Only if I had a good carrear ahead of me, I would move to Canada. Like the weather and especially like that is not United States.

Canada is not a big problem in the winter time. Many people come here from very hot climates - like the Phillipines - and they can't take the cold winters and move back.

I try to explain to them that the cold Winters are not a problem for Canadians because we have long ago figured out the easiest way to combat them. That is clothing. Warm clothing. Buy yourself a good Winter parka or jacket and you can have the weather beat.

For those people who are living in the USA and unhappy, I have just 3 words.

*those 3 words were removed by the Department of Stupidity*
Very sorry.

I love cold weather, I just love. I love having a lot of cloths on my back, also I have enough fat to support it, that's an advantage.

Something related, but not really related to weed: I was listening to an rap artist from my country, is that kind of rapper that quits to OG life and then raps about how insane it is, and how no one should follow it, because he have the knowledge and the streets wisdom and he can talk about it. What he mostly talks is about the drugs. There is an idea in our society that someone that took drugs and then quits somehow knows a lot about a lot of thinks, because he had the courage to be addicted to something that he couldn't control, and giving away control is something nonsense in our idea, because we don't know where it leads. I was discussing a rap lyric with a college, general Friday night club talk and the only f-bomb thing he could say was: Did you notice the drug connection in that lyric? No man, there is no drug connection in that lyric, and just because you f-bomb think there is doesn't mean you know a f-bomb thing. I get more amazed by minute about how the peoples idea of struggle is completely twisted. I've noticed this pattern for some time, like people are proud to say they took drugs. I mean, I'm not against drugs, I have a very open minded perspective about drugs, for me they should all be legal, why the f-bomb not? They drop criminality, increase the consumer safety.

Canada is not a big problem in the winter time.
Ugh, I wouldn’t live anywhere near the Canadian border, that’s how much I hate being cold. You couldn’t pay me to live in Minnesota or Buffalo, NY, places like that. We once went to Montreal in February - never been so cold in my life.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Cold is fine as long as you dress for it and the roads are clear. It removes the run out of the house wearing anything aspect of warm weather and may add a few minutes to the daily routine.

The interesting thing about any legalization is the home manufacturer aspect. A gardening hobby that, minus an initial investment, removes a lot of money from the equation.

I' m with @Stirchley
when it comes to cold. Can't stand it. Love Canada, but too too cold for me to want to move to. Cold winters? Man, even their summers get too cold at night. . You can't even swim in the lakes even if it's in the 90s all July, cause the water never warms up.

Beautiful country with likeable well mannered people- but too cold for too long. The Norwegians have a saying similar to what @doubledenim was telling : "There is no bad weather, only not enough good clothes."

Ha! For me, in a Canadian winter : there isn't enough clothing in the world.

People told me it would be the dark that got to me about moving to Sweden....no . Got no problems with the darkness but even after 14 years, IT'S THE COLD!