Need some advice on the scene below. It is form a 1945 movie

Tools    

Can anybody help me and tell me what movie this is. All I know is that it dates from 1945. Since I cannot post the link, you can search for a scene that appears in youtube. Search for "Childish07", it appears in a channel named Carol Montes. Thank you. It's in black and white.

Thank you for your time. I've gone and searched for "Homecoming" (1948) and scrolled through the movie, but still I cannot find that scene in it.
Homecoming (1948) with John Hodiak and Lana Turner.

You are a genius. I am trying to solve a problem with translation. Searchig for the script or the screenplay, I've realized this movie is not on DVD, so no subtitles either. If I can bother you one last time. Do you know what she says in:

He: Well, then last night was that the same thing?

She: Maybe it was childish getting dressed up and ***** out, but I had to, Tom.

The way to find the scene is in the first post. Thank you to you all!!!

My mistake - Marriage Is a Private Affair (1944).

'Pacing out' I think, as in 'stepping out'.
Not a phrase I've heard used before though so I could be mishearing.

freedom~empathy~peace
Hmm, yes it's hard to tell what the word is, but it's possible she might be saying 'Hashing out', as in 'running'.
I found the following info on the web:

"An event organized by a club is known as a Hash or Run. A common denominal verb for this activity is Hashing, with participants calling themselves Hashers"

"Get hashing: join a club that takes drinking as seriously as running"

"Hashing – the name is derived from the original sport of hare chasing – is an international phenomenon that originated in Kuala Lumpur in 1938, when a group of British colonial officers and expats began meeting on a Monday evening to run. A hash blends running with orienteering as groups of "hounds" chase a chalk "hare" across city and country, treading the previous weekend's excesses into the pavement..."

Here's the clip in question:

Thank you. I was expecting this kind of feedback. I am a usual collaborator at a forum about translation. Somebody was given the task of translating this movie. They cannot share any of the material they are given to work on. Obviously, this movie has never been translated into my language (Spanish), and the translators given such tasks are provided with little support for the job, like a script. It is much more harder for non
native speakers to do the job of transcribing the screenplay.Nonetheless, thank you. And be assured we are working to make films available for everyone. :-)[quote=scallywag;2147366]Hmm, yes it's hard to tell what the word is, but it's possible she might be saying 'Hashing out', as in 'running'.
I found the following info on the web:

"An event organized by a club is known as a Hash or Run. A common denominal verb for this activity is Hashing, with participants calling themselves Hashers"

"Get hashing: join a club that takes drinking as seriously as running"

"Hashing – the name is derived from the original sport of hare chasing – is an international phenomenon that originated in Kuala Lumpur in 1938, when a group of British colonial officers and expats began meeting on a Monday evening to run. A hash blends running with orienteering as groups of "hounds" chase a chalk "hare" across city and country, treading the previous weekend's excesses into the pavement..."

Here's the clip in question:

I don't believe she says Hashing. It has an "acing" sound, so I'm thinking Pacing or maybe even Facing. I don't see it as Spacing though.

Face Out: to defy or act boldly in spite of (criticism, blame, etc) - so Facing Out = Acting boldly in spite of criticism/blame/etc

I don't know anything about the movie to say this fits better than Pacing.

She doesn't say hashing out. Hashing wouldn't be a common word in America at the time, it would be more British. She says pacing out like Markf suggested. Remember this is Lana Turner speaking in a Hollywood film, it's not a British film.