First R rated movie you ever saw?

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I think it should say something for the pro-legalization movement that even though I was a devout Mormon (BYU-attending, non-caffeinated soda-drinking goodie two shoes) when I saw that film, it never occurred to me that potsmoking should be censored.
Many things being censored would often never cross your mind as something that should be censored. Perhaps it was the cursing and all the talk about sex then? In Sweden the age limit was 11 years old.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
What was the first R rated movie(s) that you remember seeing?
Dude, there have been so many, I've long since forgotten!

Originally Posted by darkhorse
Dude, there have been so many, I've long since forgotten!
Wow, Dude, you are truly cool (though seeing them and comprehending them are two different steps). Thanks so much for contributing that bit of non-information to the thread, Django. It's always a pleasure.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by susan
the first r rated movie? i do remember the first x rated movie that i ever saw which was midnight cowboy...
The original "gay cowboy" movie? You've got to be kidding me! What is it about these gay cowboys anyway?

I am having a nervous breakdance
The original "gay cowboy" movie? You've got to be kidding me! What is it about these gay cowboys anyway?
What? What's so strange about Midnight Cowboy being the first X-rated movie that someone's seen? It's the only X-rated film to ever win an Academy Award in the Best Picture category so it's very possible that Midnight Cowboy is the only X-rated film that many people have ever seen.

'The original "gay cowboy" movie'.... Is that all you got out from watching that film?

It has to be one of these three because they were all around the same time...

Terminator 2: Judgment Day
RoboCop
Total Recall

In theatres, I believe it would be Die Hard. On vhs, most likely Halloween or Friday the 13th, Prom Night, something like that but tough to remember exactly which one of those.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
'The original "gay cowboy" movie'.... Is that all you got out from watching that film?
To be honest with you, I haven't seen it. So excuse me if you find my comments somewhat frivolous!

To be honest with you, I haven't seen it. So excuse me if you find my comments somewhat frivolous!
so how can you comment on a film that you've never seen????

All I said was, and I quote myself:

It's not like I wrote a critique on the movie, which, as you correctly pointed out, I haven't seen.

The Kentucky Fried Movie at a drive in, I think this was my first?

All I said was, and I quote myself:

It's not like I wrote a critique on the movie, which, as you correctly pointed out, I haven't seen.
well, i guess that was enough...

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by linespalsy
Damn, Golgot, I wish I lost my virginity to a movie as cool as Return of the Living Dead! Just show'd that to my kid brother a couple months ago.
I dunno, it was kind of like having your head dunked repeatedly into a bowl of semi-boiling but oh-so-tasty-cola. We were all 13 i think - and the violence was freaking us out (you could tell by the exceptionally wide eyes and untouched snacks), but then the comedy would mollify us, baffling us with its very presence. We just sat there in a state of repelled-and-compelled wonderment.

Could someone tell me the British equivalent of an R rated film.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
Could someone tell me the British equivalent of an R rated film.
It is confusing me too...I thought it was the same as '15', but lots of films rated '18' in the uk seem to be rated 'R' in the US............basically, I think films get rated 'R' for violence like they would be rated 15 or 18 in the UK, but get rated 'NC17' for sex. Is that right?

Any system which rates 'Stand By Me' and 'The Terminator' the same rating seems pretty crazy...........I read somewhere that 'The Passion of Christ' was the first film to be rated 'NC-17' for violence....anyone know if that's true?

Due to the fact he has a history of commenting on subjects he knows nothing about, I have to assume he can't help himself...

What I find a bit odd is that he always makes comments pertaining to homosexuality every time he sees an opportunity... and most of the time without any regard for the fact there are some MoFo members who are homosexual...

Anyway, some of the first rated R movies I saw were Aliens and Predator...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Due to the fact he has a history of commenting on subjects he knows nothing about, I have to assume he can't help himself...
That is a mischaracterization, if there ever was one! It's just that I don't feel inclined to engage in pointless arguments... at least without getting paid for the time I waste!

What I find a bit odd is that he always makes comments pertaining to homosexuality every time he sees an opportunity... and most of the time without any regard for the fact there are some MoFo members who are homosexual...
And irritatingly/offensively so, if I might add. However, I will apologize if any of my comments are perceived as offensive to the gay community! Not my intention to offend!

My first R-rated movie was Braveheart

I think I was 6 years old....

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Quote:

And irritatingly/offensively so, if I might add.
What does this mean? It sounds like you are saying some members are "irritatingly and offensively" homosexual...