Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

American Beauty

The only movie to make me happy and sad at the same time (end of the film).

Toy Story 3.

Terrminator 2 where Schwarzenegger lowers himself into boiling steel.

A few movies that ripped me up emotionally while watching:

Elephant Man
The Savages
Dead Man Walking

You know what was sad in its own way?

The Last American Virgin

i havn't seen most of the ones mentioned, but first one that comes to mind is What Dreams May Come. seen it again recently.

i remember cryin when king kong died when i was little lmao

Twilight samurai (Tasogare Seibei in jappanese) Amazing sad film
also Requiem for a Drieam
Ladder 49
Brokeback mountain
Nightmare before x-mass
Edward scisorhands
Finding neverland
Good will hunting

I certainly agree with Edward Scissorhands though I don't think many others would. I've been on the look-out for the one movie that can make me cry and I haven't found it yet, which is pretty sad in itself, but the ones that pulled me under just enough are as follows:

Ikiru
Ugetsu
Sansho The Bailiff
Grave Of The Fireflies
Dancer In The Dark
Eternal Sunshine

Other worthy mentions: Wristcutters really made me feel numb the whole time, River's Edge was depressing in its characters' naivety, Mulholland Drive conjures every emotion known to my brain, every time the orchestra kicks in full blast at the end of The Fountain I feel like I have to die in compensation, and Garden State's ending was just adorable

The Fountain is sad as hell, but that orchestra kick-in gets more of a F*CK YEA reaction from me. The epilogue and fade-to-white is sadder.

The ultimate has to be Grave of the Fireflies, because even though I wept more at Dancer in the Dark, it's all manipulation as you know. GotF was F*CKING REAL. That definitely makes it worse in retrospect. There's no shaking it off by looking at goofy pictures of Bjork in the swan dress or listening to Vespertine.

I didn't find the others as sad except maybe for Ikiru.

I found two of my answers from the first two posters Requiem for a dream really was sad and depressing but very eye opening! I don't know why but I saw Donnie Darko only a few weeks ago for a first time.. It was a sad story. I'd also like to mention The Green Mile. I think that the Stephen King's book is much more sad but the film is great too (makes me sad)

I also think that Requiem for a Dream iis one of the saddest movies I've ever seen...

I think A Beautiful Life is the saddest movie I've seen. And the Korean movie entitled, SAD MOVIE. It was really sad. Nothing happy happened in the end.