MoFo Fantasy Football 2012 - Week 5

Tools    

It's doubly rough because I specifically targeted Wayne during the draft; I was going to take him a couple rounds before his ADP, but I think you went even a round earlier, and that did it.

Anyway, I was starting to creep up again, because I could conceivably just need to be within 30-35 with Schaub and the kicker yet to go...but Ponder just threw another TD, so unless I put up a score or two before these games end that'll probably do it. I'll need at least another 10 in the remaining 4:00 games to have a realistic shot.

Trying to score as much as possible before Drew Brees goes tonight. Shonn Greene and Malcom Floyd are also for Dustin but Drew deserves singular mention.

Right now Im winning 105.52 to his 47.80. After the 4:00 games are over Ill be done, and Mr DC14 still has Brees and those other guys.

4th and 1 and McGahee drops what Jon Gruden calls a "You got to make that catch!" type passes. I hate the Patriots.

Now PW's just piling on. Thomas is nearing 200 yards, too. Ouchpainhurt.

I'm gonna be 2-3, and all three losses will be of the "man, did I play that dude on the wrong week" variety, particularly these last two.

I'm sure Chris and Rob both had to love Brady getting dumped on his ass and fumbling while trying to go for it on 4th down earlier in the quarter.

Oh Yeah I was lovin it, and was lovin the drive the Broncs were putting together only behind 10 points, and when McGahee fumbled, then I stopped lovin it.

RG3scompany up 7, he has Owen Daniels and I have Houston's defense. This could go either way. The Jets are turning the ball over and Daniels is racking in points each week.

Drew Brees went nuts on San Diego last night, and gave DustinDC14 a fighting chance. He needs 20 points out of Shonn Greene tonight vs Houston , but its a chance nonetheless.

In the Beginning...
Can't believe I survived Arian Foster last night. Thought for sure he'd score another TD and edge Jay over me.

This week doesn't look as favorable. Dex's matchups are pretty good and all of mine are bad. And I'm definitely in the market for a decent backup RB.

A system of cells interlinked
I...got a win! I am also sleeping out in the yard....

I have a scrappy lil team this year. Peytons delivered, Alfred Morris....I mean even that lunatic Shanahan is 100% behind him, Marshawns steady, Decker finally delivered, and Im hoping Hartlines not a flash in the pan. Spent my 1st round waiver wire player grabber thingy to get him. McGahee had a bad week, but still brought in 13 for me.

Week 6 Ive got Peteys Beantown Champs who are built similar to my squad, 3 RBs & 2 WRs. Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Darreen McFadden scare me. My RBs numbers are at least on par with his, but the PPR potential of all 3 of his runners can suddenly blow up in points.

Whats a nice lil touch is our QBs are playing each other, Ive got Peyton and he has Rivers. Ive no idea who is gonna win this, but if someone had the edge Id say it was me. That is if Brian Hartlines not a flash in the pan.

Edit In - Ive decided to go with Jeremy Maclin instead of Hartline.

Forgot to post some records! Both from this week and others, so I'll just dump them all in here:

Week 5
  • Pete's 170.46 points was the 11th highest in league history.
  • Similarly, Pete's 105.88 margin over Dex was the second highest in league history. He missed the mark (from way back in 2008) by under a point.
  • PW's 162.22 points were the 24th highest.
  • PW and I combined for 277.78 points; 19th highest.
  • Hard to get fully accurate Lowest Score totals, because we were half-PPR in our first season, but if you adjust Dex's score to half-PPR it would be 58.58, which would be about the 12th-lowest in league history, though my records on this aren't as precise as some of the others categories.
Week 4
  • Sleezy and Seds combined for 278.02 points; the 18th highest combined score.
  • Adam and I combined for a huge 286.20 points, which is the 12th highest combined total.
Earlier
  • Sedai had two of the highest losing totals in weeks 2 and 4. Both were over 130 and they were the 9th and 16th, respectively. Tough break.
  • Dusty's 133-point losing effort in week 1 was the 12th-highest losing score on record.