What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Went back home to Wales on holiday recently and picked up a couple of things, most of which I couldn't get here-

and for my 3-year-old son (and ok myself too)-

Woah, I've never even heard of that one. ʘ_ʘ One Wikipedia it says that "the film was distantly inspired by G. K. Chesterton's play called Magic". Sounds intriguing.

The Life of Reilly

Please Give

Storm Center
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I didn't buy it, but I got Iron Man 2 for my birthday last week.

We bought *batteries not included because it was $5 and my wife loved it when she was a kid, so we picked it up for Family Movie Night.

Having finally gotten rid of our VHS collection, we got Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on sale. We'll pick up Toy Story 3 and give the kids the whole trilogy for Christmas. (This way ends up cheaper than the 10 disc set.)

King of Couch Potatoes
Holy Rollers and the new Predators. Because I buy all the big new releases each week usually.

Two actually:

1. Wild Grass. I'm a big fan of director Alain Resnais. The fact that he directed this at 87 is impressive enough. After showing the film at Cannes, they gave him a lifetime achievement award.
  2. Lake Placid 3. Killer Crocs and Gratuitous nudity. Need I say more?

Lake Placid 3. Killer Crocs and Gratuitous nudity. Need I say more?
Plus, there were so many unanswered questions from Lake Placid 2, you probably just wanted to learn how everything turned out.

Paths of Glory CRITERION COLLECTION

Winter's Bone

Chaser

Passenger Side