What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

A Chinese film whose name escapes me. A prostitute is horribly tortured and you see bamboo shoots rammed beneath her fingernails, done so well it looked real, blood and all. Her mother does abortions and throws the foetuses in the river.

The Hostel. People go to a hostel in Eastern Europe only to wind up as victims. A local abattoir is where people pay to torture them to death. It was disturbing not just because of the torture scenes but because you could imagine such a place really existing.

THE GRUDGE ---- iT GAVE ME THE SCARE!

I perused some of this thread on the hopes of topping Salo with new films to watch. Some classics I've found along the way...Sorry if these are repeats.

Irrereversible is a close 2nd to Salo - you know the scene is coming and it just doesn't stop. The reverse shot style leaves you with a bigger sense of despair at the end. Just brilliant.

Cannibal Holocaust - Just the fact that, at the time it was shot, people really believed it was a snuff film and the director was brought up on charges and had to prove no one was really harmed.

Inside - unrelentless in approach, style and gut wrenching ending.

Oldboy - more for the subject matter involved than what you really see on screen but has it's moments.

Requiem for a Dream - A flim about the depravity of a situation and how things can change so much in a short period of time.

There's more Visitor Q, Man Bites Dog, In my skin, Santa Sangre, Videochrome, Eraserhead.

By the way, this thread made me sign up for this site.

It's a short animated movie, but still disturbing to me...

...uh the post is up there...

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Some japan animation that talks about a war world two bomb on japan. Its shows the kids being melted. CREEPY!!

I AM NOT SEARCHING FOR THE VIDEO! YOU CAN! NOT ME!!!

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

I perused some of this thread on the hopes of topping Salo with new films to watch. Some classics I've found along the way...Sorry if these are repeats.

Irrereversible is a close 2nd to Salo - you know the scene is coming and it just doesn't stop. The reverse shot style leaves you with a bigger sense of despair at the end. Just brilliant.

Cannibal Holocaust - Just the fact that, at the time it was shot, people really believed it was a snuff film and the director was brought up on charges and had to prove no one was really harmed.

Oldboy - more for the subject matter involved than what you really see on screen but has it's moments.

Requiem for a Dream - A flim about the depravity of a situation and how things can change so much in a short period of time.

There's more Visitor Q, Man Bites Dog, In my skin, Santa Sangre, Videochrome, Eraserhead.

Hi SirMang.. I see that you have watched many disturbing films... Thanks for the tips.. I'll try to take not of your suggested films.. and welcome to this forum...

The Elected Movie Eliminator
A Clockwork Orange is very disturbing. One because of it's sickening rape scenes, violence and a estimation look at the future and how the younger generation takes over the night sky.

Saw's torturing scenes are quite disturbing, but I doubt anything will beat A Clockwork Orange.

Did anyone here say The Passion of the Christ?!

Me being a devote Catholic and an extremely religious, had me in tears.

Or Kids would be the runner up. I actually had to turn it off it freaked me out so much.

A Clockwork Orange will look like nothing if you've seen as many disturbing movies as I have.

Just listed like my favourite films, not sure if that's good thing

Cannibal Holocaust freaked me out a bit.

Female Jungle Poster
The torture & killing scene in The Wicker Man.

Yowza. Plus, I felt terribly for the animals also used as sacrifices in the wicker structure.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

Pinnochio and the Emperor of the Night

Pinnochio and the Emperor of the Night
Ha, ha, ha! I bought this movie several years ago in some bargain bin at the Wal-Mart...mostly because the singer Rickie Lee Jones sang a song on it. Showed it to some kids I took care of at a daycare--they liked it.

Okay I just saw this well-crafted film and I have to share. A documentary film maker wants to make a name for himself so he records a serial-killer, killing someone and blackmails him into making a documentary film with him, but the killer (of course) winds-up pulling the film maker into his twisted web--and oooo how twisted that web is!

*The movie posters don't do it justice F.Y.I.

For your viewing pleasure....
"The Ungodly" or "The Perfect Witness" (either one brings it up under imdb.)
Starring Wes Bentley and Mark Borkowski
Directed by Thomas C. Dunn

That sounds like a good premise. However, if you want to see, what I'm presuming will be a better and funnier film, check out Man Bites Dog. A similar thing, but without the blackmail and, possibly, a lot sicker.

I have to vote for Hard Candy. They didn't really show much in the end, but that kind of made it all the better. There are some pretty elegantly awkward scenes in there.

kids,ken park,bully,mulholland drive(weird as hell) and don't even let me mention,Salo by pasolini. and probabely teorema.