Great Dramas w/ Homeless Protagonist?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
There doesn't seem to be many of them, probably because of the lack of commercial appeal, so there might extra pressure to make it great in an artistic way.

Sult/Svält (1966, Henning Carlsen) based on the novel by Knut Hamsun is the first one that comes to mind. Although it's not in my Top 10 or 20 list, I seem to recommend this to people, because it's fascinating, centered around this man who is intriguing, artistic (writer), but who is destitute. I don't wanna put any spoilers out there, but here's the IMDB link
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061042/

The full movie is on YouTube

Blue Ruin came to mind.

I'm adding Sult to my watchlist. Thanks.

Not precisely "homeless", but... Trainspotting maybe? Is that a stretch?

Scarecrow
1973, Jerry Schatzberg

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Grapes of wrath, emporer of the north, and of course the epic TV series Kung Fu.

Rather hard really because even the mad max series is basically about a homeless ex cop. If you are looking for your traditional grubby guy sleeping on the sidewalk type of homeless guy movie, trading places?

Boudu Saved from Drowning (1932) Remade as Down an out in Beverly hills (1986)
The Saint of Fort Washington (1993)
Midnight Cowboy (1969)
With Honors (1984)

In the category of Great films, I'd suggest two: Vagabond aka Sans toit ni loi (1985) and City Lights (1931)

Victim of The Night
It's been a long time since I've seen it but Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson both got top acting nominations for Ironweed.

Vagabond aka Sans toit ni loi (1985)
You beat me to it. Excellent movie.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Paris, Texas