Too Old to Die Young

Tools    

"A grieving police officer who, along with the man who shot his partner, finds himself in an underworld filled with working-class hit men, Yakuza soldiers, cartel assassins sent from Mexico, Russian mafia captains and gangs of teen killers." - Wiki

Watched the 1st episode last night. 90 mins long. Utterly spellbinding. TV for film enthusiasts in my opinion. 9/10

Plus, it looks amazing. Unsurprisingly

Unregistered User
Watched the 1st episode last night. 90 mins long. Utterly spellbinding. TV for film enthusiasts in my opinion. 9/10

Plus, it looks amazing. Unsurprisingly

Starting this tonight all going well. Looks/sounds amazing and, well, its Refn.

Just finished the 2nd. Really is outstanding. I could listen to Cliff Martinez all day.
It's exceptional isn't it. Those who say Refn's output is style over substance are so wrong. It is multi layered like alot of his work. And quite brutal / shocking/ beautiful in places.

Episode 5 is one of the greatest episodes of television I have ever seen. I'd put it up there with The Sopranos' Pine Barrens, Breaking Bad's Dead Freight etc.

Unregistered User
It's exceptional isn't it. Those who say Refn's output is style over substance are so wrong. It is multi layered like alot of his work. And quite brutal / shocking/ beautiful in places.

Episode 5 is one of the greatest episodes of television I have ever seen. I'd put it up there with The Sopranos' Pine Barrens, Breaking Bad's Dead Freight etc.

Looking forward to that. Pine Barrens is probably my favourite bit of TV ever.
You hit the nail on the head describing this as 'TV for film enthusiasts'.
Would be interesting to hear if many that dislike Refn's style, still enjoy this?

I've been trying to find it online but cant, there's a shot at the start of episode 2, I think it was Magdalena in red, looking at a mirror and it was absolutely mesmerizing. Do you remember it?

Looking forward to that. Pine Barrens is probably my favourite bit of TV ever.
You hit the nail on the head describing this as 'TV for film enthusiasts'.
Would be interesting to hear if many that dislike Refn's style, still enjoy this?

I've been trying to find it online but cant, there's a shot at the start of episode 2, I think it was Magdalena in red, looking at a mirror and it was absolutely mesmerizing. Do you remember it?
Yup. Stunning

Unregistered User

How far on are you now? I've just finished 4. Looking forward to 5 going from what you wrote.

You ready? You look ready.

I started episode one late one night and fell asleep, but I loved every second of what I saw: mmm, Miles Teller.

I will be getting around to watching this soon!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Unregistered User

I started episode one late one night and fell asleep, but I loved every second of what I saw: mmm, Miles Teller.

I will be getting around to watching this soon!

Each episode seems to get better and better, so far anyway. Great show.

Unregistered User

Watched episode 5 last night. I never thought I would love any TV more than Pine Barrens but I think this might be it. The whole episode is quite literally perfect, I cant see how it could be bettered. The drive scene along with the score and song choice is quite unbelievable. I'm not going to post what it is as it'll not be the same. The 10mins or so is totally mind blowing.

Watched episode 5 last night. I never thought I would love any TV more than Pine Barrens but I think this might be it. The whole episode is quite literally perfect, I cant see how it could be bettered. The drive scene along with the score and song choice is quite unbelievable. I'm not going to post what it is as it'll not be the same. The 10mins or so is totally mind blowing.

It's incredible TV isn't it. It's one of the best I've seen. I actually feel a bit sorry for people who gave up on this TV series as it wasn't fast moving enough for them. Not to experience that episode 5 is a tragedy!

Unregistered User
It's incredible TV isn't it. It's one of the best I've seen. I actually feel a bit sorry for people who gave up on this TV series as it wasn't fast moving enough for them. Not to experience that episode 5 is a tragedy!

Have you finished it?
I've just finished ep 6, which again was excellent. The scenes at Dante's house were fantastic.

Have you finished it?
I've just finished ep 6, which again was excellent. The scenes at Dante's house were fantastic.
Yes, finished it now. Will wait until you've done it before talking for fear of spoilers.

Very good series (or 13-hour movie, as Refn likes to call it) which had the potential to be truly great. I think Refn indulges in his fetishes here more than in any of his other work, which should please his fans but might bother others. Hard to rate, but overall it's solid and promising, with 5, 8 and 9 being the stand out episodes.