The forum Search feature

Tools    

If you've increased your web browser's percentage size to make web pages bigger that then can cause the search 'magnifier icon' on top of the MoFo pages to not work, if you click dead center on it or to the right. I learned that the hard way as I have Firefox at 145% and if I'm not careful where I click it won't work.
That did the trick, bro. All of your suggestions worked. 'Preciate it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Okay, mobile should display the errors correctly now, at least.
The message helps, but still says "1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms," though there are 6 threads that have "Andrew Wyeth" within them (I'm assuming that based on a desktop search result). Testing on mobile, Show Threads and Show Posts options.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Yeah, I'm gonna have to add a "Search posts" option there I suppose (Show just determines how the results are displayed). This whole thing was deliberately scaled down in part because people didn't use mobile nearly as regularly (or in some cases, almost exclusively) as they do now, so I'll need to add some complexities back in.

Stay tuned.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yeah, I'm gonna have to add a "Search posts" option there I suppose (Show just determines how the results are displayed). This whole thing was deliberately scaled down in part because people didn't use mobile nearly as regularly (or in some cases, almost exclusively) as they do now, so I'll need to add some complexities back in.

Stay tuned.
That would explain the disconnect. At least mine. I assumed Show Thread/Show Post was the slimmed down two-filter option list to search either by thread title or at the individual post level. Not that it was a way to only change the display of searched results.

After reading that, I assume, now, that the mobile search only goes thread title deep? And that the two options are only a means to display those thread title only results. If the keyword or words are not in a title, then there will be nothing to display, filtered or not. Am I good there?

Heads-up, rebuilding the search index to test some of this, might take awhile, site might be a bit slower (probably not, or not much, though), and searches might be a little unreliable until it's done.

Okay, I've switched the Advanced page to default to searching all posts and not thread titles, but I'm not sure what's most intuitive here. Have the initial header search work the same way? Keep it as-is, but with a "No results found, click again to try searching all posts instead" message? What makes the most sense to people, both in terms of use and how you'd expect it to work?