Beatles Documentaries

Tools    

I added George Harrison: Living in the Material World to my Netflix to-do list since it was a Scorsese film. And I got recommendations for a couple other Beatles documentaries like How the Beatles Changed the World. Are there any really good ones I should check out since there are tons of them? And please don't recommend concert films unless they give out a lot of information.

P.S. I love that the "submit thread" button is THE HISTORY ERASER BUTTON.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Let It Be
Imagine: John Lennon
Concert for George
The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years
The Beatles Anthology

I don't mean concert films. I don't really consider them documentaries. I think a documentary is mostly about information rather than just getting entertained by music.

I don't mean concert films. I don't really consider them documentaries. I think a documentary is mostly about information rather than just getting entertained by music.
@mark f suggested The Beatles Anthology. You can hardly do better than this.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yes. If you're going to get it from that site (I've gotten 7-10 different movies from them), make sure you use the best discounts they give you -. I think they'll give you at least 20% off your first purchase and I've gotten as much as 45% off from an e-mail. They ship from Florida and even here in California I get them in about 4 days after I order, and the discounts always cover the shipping although that's free if you order enough.

@mark f, thanks so much for your opinion & the tips. Never heard of them. Always buy from amazon, but will study the website when I have time.

Peter Jackson is reassembling the fifty-some hours of footage shot for what became Let it Be, which was originally to be called Get Back. This is the first peek at footage...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Peter Jackson is reassembling the fifty-some hours of footage shot for what became Let it Be, which was originally to be called Get Back. This is the first peek at footage...

Oh, I'm definitely watching this. I grew up listening to the Beatles. My favorite band.

Looks great. Michael Lindsay-Hogg really made a drab film when considering the available material. Listening to the camera synch-tapes, it's probably because of how much the band members either made fun of him or ignored him throughout the shooting.

I watched a pretty good unofficial film the other day, A Mad Day Out, less a doc than a collection of vintage video from 1968.