How often do you watch a film?

Tools    

I'm pretty streaky. Sometimes I'll go weeks, particularly during baseball/softball season, but then I'll watch one a day over the late fall or winter. And sometimes more as the Oscars approach.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm pretty streaky. Sometimes I'll go weeks, particularly during baseball/softball season, but then I'll watch one a day over the late fall or winter. And sometimes more as the Oscars approach.

All I got from that is a naked lil baby yoda streaking the quads with Frank the Tank to KFC.

sorry.

I've currently seen 139 movies this year for the first time (not including rewatches). I felt I wasn't watching enough films in 2020 and was taking too many breaks in between each viewing, so I'm trying to go for over 200 first-time watches this year (fortunately, I'm on the right track). I'm trying to watch at least one movie every day.

Definitely at least one a day.
Me too. At least one per day. But if I am binge-watching something on tv I don’t watch movies.

Me too. At least one per day. But if I am binge-watching something on tv I don’t watch movies.
That makes sense. Haven’t binged anything in a while, but you don’t want to ruin the immersion when you do.

Victim of The Night
Strange necromancy.

However, in response to the question. I watch 20+ movies in September, 31+ in October, and a dozen or so in December. And I have started Halfway To Halloween in July, which is hopefully around 20. So that's 93/year without the other months. Depending on my mood, in the other months I will watch anywhere from 1 to say 15. We'll average that at 7 1/2 over 8 months for an additional 60 films, that gives us 153 films a year (which jives with my general estimate), which means that, on average I watch a movie every 2.4 days, or one movie every 58 hours.
But not really, since I watch them in bunches.

That's my answer.

Watching movies once a day is for rich people. If I've seen at least 50% of a movie over a period of 3 days, I consider that movie watched.

Usually 4-5 a week, squeezed into the weekends. Sometimes more, rarely less.

Watching movies once a day is for rich people.
I have always wanted to be rich. And now I’m informed that I am.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I wish I could watch one a day, but that first step is difficult -- picking a movie.... Then, being able to stay with it. If I'm not into it within 20 minutes, I turn it off.
I have the same issue. I get bored easily and if a movie doesn't grab me soon after watching it I'll look for another movie. If I can't find a movie I like, I'll likely watch a good movie I've already seen.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I have the same issue. I get bored easily and if a movie doesn't grab me soon after watching it I'll look for another movie. If I can't find a movie I like, I'll likely watch a good movie I've already seen.

I think part of this is what happens after seeing thousands of movies. I saw a movie today and yesterday, but they were very mediocre, and I know my mind drifted elsewhere. Lately, I've been trying to watch more independent movies from the 1930-70s, but there's only so many great ones out there.

I do the exact same thing.

1-2 a week, usually at the crack of dawn on Saturday and Sunday. I'm a new dad, so those are the only times I can have the TV to myself. I try to time it so I'm done watching before his first bottle. After feeding him during Space Truckers, I don't want to take any chances.

1-2 a week, usually at the crack of dawn on Saturday and Sunday. I'm a new dad, so those are the only times I can have the TV to myself. I try to time it so I'm done watching before his first bottle. After feeding him during Space Truckers, I don't want to take any chances.
20 years from now he's going to join a movie forum, asking for help identifying a movie he once saw with cube-shaped pigs. Or did he just imagine it?

20 years from now he's going to join a movie forum, asking for help identifying a movie he once saw with cube-shaped pigs. Or did he just imagine it?
Hahaha, if that happens, I'd actually be proud.