Favourite Simpsons Episodes

Tools    

I am not enough of a "nerd" to know the titles, but mine are; the one where Bart has a crush on an older neighbor girl, the "Flaming Moe" episode, the one where Bart becomes Mr. Burns' heir, the one where Milhouse and Bart buy a comic book and fight over it, the "Angry Dad" episode with Stan Lee, the "Frank Grimes" episode, and the pilot Christmas episode.

...uh the post is up there...

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I'm a huge Simpsons fan, and like many Simpsons fans, I can't limit myself to just one favourite episode. But I recently rewatched Bart's Comet and good lord, that episode is hysterical. So many quotable moments (We are the Superfriends!) and plenty of great Moements, including this one (sorry about the bad quality):

Cape Feare
Homer and Apu
Homer the Great
Marge vs the Monorail
Mr. Plow
The Last Temptation of Homer
Homer the Heretic
Treehouse of Horror V
The Boy Who Knew Too Much
There’s No Disgrace Like Home
Lisa’s First Word
And Maggie Makes Three
Rosebud
Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily
Lisa the Vegetarian
Fear of Flying
The Springfield Files
Treehouse of Horror IV
The Cartridge Family
Behind the Laughter

My top 20 (roughly)

Been slowly rewatching my Simpsons dvds over the past year or so and i decided to come up with a top 50 out of curiosity.

01.Homer The Heritic (Season 4)
02.Marge Vs The Monorail (Season 4)
03.El Viaje Misterioso De Nuestro Jomer (Season 8)
04.Duffless (Season 4)
05.The Springfield Files (Season 8)
06.Lisa's First Word (Season 4)
07.Bart Sells His Soul (Season 7)
08.Lemon of Troy (Season 6)
09.Lisa's Substitute (Season 2)
10.Homer Badman (Season 6)

11.Simpsons And Delilah (Season 2)
12.Homers Enemy (Season 8)
13.Homers Triple Bypass (Season 4)
14.The Boy Who Knew Too Much (Season 5)
15.Summer of 4FT2 (Season 7)
16.Treehouse of Horror IV (Season 5)
17.Who Shot Mr.Burns Part 1? (Season 6)
18.Who Shot Mr.Burns Part 2? (Season 7)
19.Last Exit To Springfield (Season 4)
20.Homer The Great (Season 6)

21.Home Sweet Homediddilydumdoodilly (Season 7)
22.Flaming Moes (Season 3)
23.Life On The Fast Lane (Season 1)
24.Rosebud - Season 5
25.Lisa Gets An A (Season 10)
26.The Way We Was (Season 2)
27.Bart of Darkness (Season 6)
28.Homer The Smithers (Season 7)
29.Bart The Murderer (Season 3)
30.Homer Alone (Season 3)

31.Secrets of a Successful Marriage (Season 5)
32.Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie (Season 4)
33.And Maggie Makes Three (Season 6)
34.Treehouse of Horror V (Season 6)
35.Treehouse of Horror (Season 2)
36.Bart The Lover (Season 3)
37.Sweet Seymour Skinners Badassssss Song (Season 5)
38.Cape Feare (Season 5)
39.Raging Abe Simpson.... (Season 7)
40.Lisa's Sax (Season 9)

41.Itchy and Scratchy and Marge (Season 2)
42.Three Men and A Comic Book (Season 2)
43.Sideshow Bob Roberts (Season 6)
44.Bart on The Road (Season 7)
45.Barts Girlfriend (Season 6)
46.Mother Simpson (Season 7)
47.Two Cars in Every Garage... (Season 2)
48.Moaning Lisa (Season 1)
49.Treehouse of Horror IX (Season 10)
50.Homer At The Bat (Season 3)

The Treehouse of Horror episodes are all a lot of fun.
The first nine at least. The only one i'm not a big fan of is 8. The first Treehouse of Horror is genius even though it isn't my favourite, something as simple as James Earl Jones reading The Raven just works perfectly. I also really liked the story given to the first two Treehouse of Horrors, in the first Homer sits outside the Treehouse listening to Bart and Lisas scary stories then in the second it is Homer, Bart and Lisa's nightmares. Kinda miss them doing stuff like that but i suppose they'd run out of good ideas pretty quickly.

Wow - this is an old thread.

One of my most memorable favorites was the one with Albert Brooks as guru "Brad Goodman" in the self-help satire episode.
Don't know it's title.

Currently, I'm trying to get okay with my own okayness!

Barts Inner child. I actually think it is one of the weakest of it's Season (it's still great though Season 5 is my third favourite), i also think it is Brooks weakest guest appearance my favourite is the legendary Hank Scorpio (You Only Move Twice) which just missed out on my top 50. Still the trampoline subplot is pretty great.

Barts Inner child. I actually think it is one of the weakest of it's Season (it's still great though Season 5 is my third favourite), i also think it is Brooks weakest guest appearance my favourite is the legendary Hank Scorpio (You Only Move Twice) which just missed out on my top 50. Still the trampoline subplot is pretty great.
I loved it because it pulled every self-help cliche out of the closet and Brad Goodman was an amalgam of several gurus who were popular at the time... that, and the fact that when Goodman asked Bart's name, Bart told him it was "Ruttiger!"

Let's not forget, that episode also opened with "Tramapoline!" Homer's make-shift backyard amusement park and the Gone With the Wind homage!

I didn't forget, i mentioned the tramapoline subplot . Actually it isn't even really a subplot it just introduces the main story. I've always loved the joke of Homer being asked how much money would he take to use his trampoline and that gives him an idea which turns out to be him setting up a sign that says go away

I didn't forget, i mentioned the tramapoline subplot . Actually it isn't even really a subplot it just introduces the main story. I've always loved the joke of Homer being asked how much money would he take to use his trampoline and that gives him an idea which turns out to be him setting up a sign that says go away
Ah, so you did! And when Homer tries to get rid of the "Tramapoline" they had another homage to the Road Runner / Wile E. Coyote cartoons!
To this day, if I even see a trampoline I scream out, "Tramapoline!"

I think the hardest i ever laughed at a Simpsons joke the first time i saw it was the gag in Bart's Girlfriend were Bart hears an angelic voice and rushes to the church thinking it is Jessica Lovejoy and it turns out to be Flanders . Obviously it doesn't work that much for me now since i know it is coming but the first time killed me.

Ah, so you did! And when Homer tries to get rid of the "Tramapoline" they had another homage to the Road Runner / Wile E. Coyote cartoons!
To this day, if I even see a trampoline I scream out, "Tramapoline!"
I do the same with Saxamophone

I always loved:
Tennis the Menace
Summer of 4'2"
Itchy & Scratchy Land (The Klu Klux Clam always has me screaming )
Homer's Phobia
Tennis The Menace? We'll have to fall out soon i hate that episode

The other three are fantastic. As you can see i had Summer of 4FT2 at 15, i honestly think either that or Bart Sells His Soul is the most perfect episode of the show even though neither are my favourite, just the perfect blend of humour and emotion.

Itchy and Scratchy Land is amazing would have probably been in my next ten. I actually think that is one of the ten funniest episodes which i think shows when The Simpsons was great it was very great since it is a comedy that i usually look for more things in other than laughs the opposite of a show like It's Always Sunny for example.

Homer's Phobia is great was probably in my top 10 or 20 at one point, i just think it has fell for me like episodes like Cape Feare, Bart The Daredevil, 22 Short Films, etc. Just think i'e watched them a bit too much and they aren't quite as enjoyable now because i know them inside out.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Tennis The Menace? We'll have to fall out soon i hate that episode

The other three are fantastic. As you can see i had Summer of 4FT2 at 15, i honestly think either that or Bart Sells His Soul is the most perfect episode of the show even though neither are my favourite, just the perfect blend of humour and emotion.

Itchy and Scratchy Land is amazing would have probably been in my next ten. I actually think that is one of the ten funniest episodes which i think shows when The Simpsons was great it was very great since it is a comedy that i usually look for more things in other than laughs the opposite of a show like It's Always Sunny for example.

Homer's Phobia is great was probably in my top 10 or 20 at one point, i just think it has fell for me like episodes like Cape Feare, Bart The Daredevil, 22 Short Films, etc. Just think i'e watched them a bit too much and they aren't quite as enjoyable now because i know them inside out.
I like that one! Queenus Williams stars

I love 4'2" for exactly the reasons you stated, it is a perfect blend of humour and emotion. It's the small moments like Marge looking blissfully happy cleaning dishes in the morning, and Bart getting Milhouse as his date in that crappy game they play that makes me chuckle
But it's so emotional too, who hasn't felt excluded, and who hasn't felt that content either when they actually find friends unexpectedly, it's perfection!

Itchy and Scratchy Land is hilarious, again those small moments like the klu klux clam that have me howling!
And then Homer's Phobia is iconic at this point, and John Waters starred which is probably one of the weirdest moments in TV that I can remember

Forgot about Venus starring in that. Off topic obviously but can i ask why you like Venus so much? I also like Venus a lot; i like her more than Serena but my favourite female player ever is Justine Henin. Right now i love Garbine Muguruza, i'll always love Azarenka too who is my second favourite female player but she hasn't done much in a while when for a decent period of time it looked like she was the only one who could beat Serena. Also Laura Robson .

In episodes without Homer as the main character i think Homer may be funniest in Summer of 4FT2, the fireworks scene as well as everything he says to Milhouse is just gold; i know it is pretty cruel but Homer hating Milhouse is one of my favourite running gags.

Interesting to see you love Homers Phobia. I always have myself but elsewhere on the internet i've noticed people getting annoyed with Homers Homophobia; i think it is in a way that they know Homers homophobia is supposed to be so rampant to make a point but they still don't like seeing that which is fair enough.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I'll PM you about Venus, since it's off topic

I agree about the running gag about Homer v Milhouse, their kiss scene was terrific!

As for the homophobia, it's something I face every day. Never directly (yet, haven't come out to my parents either) but always indirectly, such as Bible bashers making abusive statements, saying I'm unfit to look after children, I don't deserve equality, I'm as disgusting as mass murderers and paedophiles blah blah blah (ironic coming from them but there you go) and millions/billions of people condone this and share the same views, and view themselves as morally superior to me and feel no guilt about shaming people like me etc.
The internet is the worst, the comments some people make breaks me. There were videos on the gay marriage debate in the UK on youtube that I watched not long ago, that ripped me a part as well. It's only what, 3/4 years old, and people are still so vehemently against me for reasons like "I'm changing the traditional definition of marriage" (again ironic, ancient Rome and Egypt condoned same sex partnerships at some point before Christians claimed ownership of the word, but there you go )

So I think what they did with that episode, in the USA, in the mid 1990s, was terrific. It basically showed how a moronic idiot like Homer possesses the ability to look past stereotypes and prejudices to come to value the person, not the label. The point of the episode is that if Homer can overcome it, anyone can. It's never in your face about it either telling you how awful you are if you're like Homer, it downplays it and does it in a subtle way and tells you to follow Homer's example. Their representation of the gay community there was pretty good too, they're never militant when confronted by people like Homer, they just sigh and question why they hate them, and notice how it stumped Homer. It's accurate, and I'd like to think it changed people's perceptions. I think the media has done a lot in that regard. There was a Dirk Bogarde and Sylvia Syms film in the early 60s called Victim that is largely credited as to changing people's perceptions on the matter so much, that the UK decriminalised homosexual acts in England and Wales just a few years later. I think The Simpsons used their position and status so effectively to deliver such a point in such a brilliant way.

And rant over

Great post CiCi!. My mothers twin brother is gay so i've always been brought up to accept LGBT, still i think i'm probably homophobic in ways i don't actually realize, especially because he's said it is like casual racism something that someone won't notice they are doing.