Highlander remake (starring Henry Cavill)

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Certainly an upgrade from Ryan Reynolds. On that note.. @Yoda, can you please edit the thread title?

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Oh, I use to have a Highlander take. Alas, my feeble mind is not as quick as it use to be.

You ready? You look ready.
An English actor playing a Highlander? Scandal!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Yeah, it definitely needs to be some European continental who can't do a Scottish accent or even speak English to be faithful to the source.

So, who's playing Kurgan? I hope it's Kristofer Hivju a.k.a. Tormund Giantsbane from GoT.

Wouldn't mind if Bautista did end up playing the Kurgan after all.

I did rewatch the original recently and read up on it a little to find that the Kurgan originally had a more nuanced characterisation, like he had more of a weary determination and wore a suit and hat that was radically different to the whole metalhead barbarian vibe Clancy Brown had going on. Not saying that choosing to go that route for this remake would necessarily be an improvement, but it does sound like an intriguing concept nonetheless - either way, Bautista could pull it off.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Chad Stahelski has announced now that he's taking a break from the John Wick world, "Highlander" is his next film. Budget is set at $100M and he will be using the Queen soundtrack from the original in the new film as well.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/highlan...n-queen-songs/

After "Highlander", I believe Stahelski will be doing "Ghost of Tsushima".