Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Weekend re-watches:

Christopher Walken is absolutely bone-chilling in this movie...

The #1 date movie of 1993 is actually starting to show its age a little bit, but it's still one of the best rom-coms ever made. Hanks and Ryan are magical together, even if they only share the screen for 3 scenes and the supporting cast is terrific. Ross Malinger redefines adorable as Jonah.

So fascinating. Lost footage from WWII of the 8th Airforce flying B-17s (bomber planes) into Germany. Amazing restoration.

“I was cured, all right!”
Ultra, how does it stand up against Schraders '85 "Mishima: a life in four chapters"?

Reading more deeply into it (which is a good side effect of films) it appears Yukio Mishima was rather a figure of fun towards the end of his life?
It holds up pretty well, Schraders vision of Mishima is very peculiar, and it shows the creation of this particular short - Patriotism is strong by it's own, it's only 25 (aprox) minutes, and, for my surprise, more bloody than a life in four chapters - give it a try, it's very artistic - and It's a very sad experience.

Horror movie with great camerawork, good atmosphere, and great acting. Some cheap jump scares killed some scenes, but okay.
Hats off to the ULVER song during the 'films' scenes.

The ending sucks, the voiceover sucks, but it's a good movie. The studio butchered it. Shame.

★★★★★
Shakespeare with guns and blood.

Varieté [Variety] (Ewald André Dupont, 1925)

Everyone knows that "two's company, trapeze a crowd!"

Welcome to the human race...
Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaws -

The concept of Jason Statham and Vanessa Kirby playing siblings of similar age despite having a 20-year age gap between them in real life is funnier than every actual joke in this movie put together.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaws -

The concept of Jason Statham and Vanessa Kirby playing siblings of similar age despite having a 20-year age gap between them in real life is funnier than every actual joke in this movie put together.
His real life girlfriend is the same age.

Watched Hitchcock's Psycho for the first time a couple nights ago. Dunno why it took this long. Somehow the ending hadn't been spoiled for me all this time.

I rate it 10 out of 10 thumbs.

Way Down East (D.W. Griffith, 1920)
+
Sadly incomplete but thankfully the part with the lovely Ms. Gish in a dress with no top remains extant

★★
The opening is so good, the rest of the film felt like a betrayal of the first six/seven minutes. It's a fable/fantasy action/comedy Yojimbo like.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984) - Rewatch on Blu-ray

Review

Watched Hitchcock's Psycho for the first time a couple nights ago. Dunno why it took this long. Somehow the ending hadn't been spoiled for me all this time.

I rate it 10 out of 10 thumbs.

Make sure you check out the sequel it's unusually good