R66: 5 line DVD Reviews

Tools    

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
. Scary Movie 3
R66 smilie rating:
I think I may give this one a miss.

Man, Tim sure is long winded, isn't he?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

In Tyler We Trust
Anyone Liked Station Agent? or has anyone seen it? it was a really good Movie just released. Anyone brought it?

My life isn't written very well.
Of all the lame teen comedy rip-offs! Of all the recent pictures that think comedy is as funny as how much it can gross its audience out! Of all the films that think young girls in bikini's taking off their tops is not only titillating, but humorous. Of all the teen stuff recently, filled with gay jokes, unrealistic storylines, and bad taste humor, Eurotrip actually made me laugh! I'm not used to laughing at really, really bad movies! Ain't that a bitch?!

r66 smilie rating:

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Every once in a while a movie comes along that totally surprises you. You expect one thing, but after viewing, you come away with something that really makes you feel good. 50 First Dates is a movie that will make you laugh, cry and understand what it is to totally appreciate someone trying to make a heartwarming film. As an Adam Sandler film, it will grab you! Don't miss this one MoFo's, especially on DVD; it is really endearing!

r66 smilie rating:

Of all the trash out there that disguises itself as entertainment, I'm really surprised that Bad Santa made me laugh so much, and so often. As a film, it consists of nothing but a novelty joke; Santa Claus is a foul-mouthed drunk that loves to bed pretty women and commit crimes. That is, until he meets a young boy who shows him that feelings do matter. Brett Kelly as The Kid is wonderful to behold! Billy Bob Thorton isn't bad either.

R66 smilie rating:

Aileen Wuornos, notorious prostitute/serial killer from the 80's. Charlize Theron, beautiful actress/model: modern times. How can one play the other? You'll wonder who's playing who when you watch this violent, depressing and mesmorizing account of a human being pushed her rational limits. Monster. Movie fans; put the kids to bed early, get permission from your parents, and watch this disturbing, yet masterful love story.

R66 smilie rating:

there's a frog in my snake oil
Good stuff Timmo . Yeah, i heard good stuff about 50 First Dates, and even Bad Santa (got the 'badder' version but have'nt got round to watching it yet). Surprised that Eurotrip tickled your palette, but i guess some of the stereotypes might've soured reviewers this side of the pond.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Man, Tim sure is long winded, isn't he?
Ahh, you're just jealous coz you didn't think of the smilie-star system first Bri

Originally Posted by Psion
Anyone Liked Station Agent? or has anyone seen it? it was a really good Movie just released. Anyone brought it?
Yeah, twas class. Though without the dwarf-dynamic i don't think it would have got away with being so aimless (apparently the script wasn't written with that in mind originally)

Great job Tim… 50 First Dates was better then I expected it to be… but I still need to see Monster and may try to pick it up tonight...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Some movies that have a "surprise twist" ending have you wondering why you didn't see it coming. Secret Window had everyone confused! If you figured out the ending early on, you're not sure you understand it. If you figure it out during the credits you're completely lost! Thanks to good acting, you can appreciate why such a dumb movie held you until the very end; even if you groan when the secret is revealed!

r66 smilie rating:

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Some movies that have a "surprise twist" ending have you wondering why you didn't see it coming. Secret Window had everyone confused! If you figured out the ending early on, you're not sure you understand it. If you figure it out during the credits you're completely lost! Thanks to good acting, you can appreciate why such a dumb movie held you until the very end; even if you groan when the secret is revealed!

r66 smilie rating:
Not Really Some People Were Confused but most of the people i talked to said they saw it a mile away

50 First Dates was OK. It was good for a laugh. Not a big fan of Adam Sandler or Drew Barrymore, but they were tolerable in this movie.

I really enjoyed Monster, but I am a huge fan of true crime stories. A lot of the story was exaggerated and messed up, but that is the same with pretty well any true story.

Secret Window, I was a bit dissappointed in. I am a big Depp fan, and even bigger Stephen King fan. This is one movie where I would say DO NOT read the story first.

r66, you need to do some more of these.

Is it the future (CGI)? Is it the past (CGI)? Is it both (CGI)? Still not sure. But who cares, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (CGI) is one of those films that is entirely enjoyable upon the first viewing. It's got action (CGI), it's got adventure (CGI), it's got exotic locations (CGI)! It feels like a PC game you cannot play. Check out this film, it's a great reminder that good action and bad acting can still empty your popcorn box!

r66 smilie rating: