First Ever DVDs

Tools    

It took me a long time to post here cuz I couldn't remember.
But it was fight Club. My sister got ouit first player and I bought Fight Club and she bought Sixth Sense.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's kinda funny, those of us who have large collections, we can still remember our first's.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

gone
what's considered a large collection?

There is no real standard. Most of the DVD nuts here seem to have a bit over 100. I'd be surprised if Laurie L, who used to hang around here, didn't have 500 (at least). I think Holden has a few hundred (400 or something...not sure, though). I myself only have around 20 or so.

Actually, I recounted recently and I'm up over 500 DVDs now, and still 600+ LDs. Then at least a hundred VHS tapes still kickin' around too.

The more impressive (or perhaps embarassing) thing about my collection vs. Laurie's is that I actually have to pay for mine. If I got 'em for free through my job, I'd have about 1,500 by now.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think that goes for just about any of us Holden. I mean, if we could get free dvds through work, we would all have some massive collections.

gone
I only buy DVD's when they're cheapie, my measly income and expensive lifestyle means most my movies are DivX and VCD (over 300 in that collection lol! and they're free, so why don't you lot have thousands? rent 'n' rip)

Uh, because it's ILLEGAL.

I usually try to buy movies cheap, but no matter how you plan it, they always bring em down in price again just when you think that's the lowest they'll go on the price.

I do buy some of the not so cheap DVDs from time to time, call it an impulse.

gone
Yeah I just did that with Profondo Rosso, where the hell else am I going to get a copy.

hell it doesn't even sell here, I've gotta get it from America. spending a good amount there...

Illegal? uhm? what's that?
(will not say anymore based on grounds of self-incrimination)

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
`fight club
`american beauty
`pulp fiction

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The first DVD I ever bought? Mallrats. The first DVD I ever owned was given to me as a gift, and it was South Park the Movie.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Heh, resser...I won't even try.

First DVD: Boondock Saints

I cherrish it.

First dvd i ever bought was blood: the last vampire.

Bad Morther****er
The First DVD I bought was Scary Movie
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

A system of cells interlinked
First ever eh...Let me think here... (smoke pouring out)

It was either Highlander or 12 Monkeys, I can't remember which. I have since had to re-purchase 12 Monkeys, as it got lifted.

My first DVD was a gift to my brothers and I, my surrogate older brother knew that my parents were getting us a DVD player so he bought us 'The Princess Bride'. Still prehaps one of my favorite DVD's.]\

Oh yeah I've never bought a DVD- whats the point if Daddy has a checkbook?
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"