Worst Movie News of The Year

Tools    

I doubt it will ever come close to dying. Just look at the article comments. No one seems disturbed by this news in the slightest. I guess us folks who enjoy originality and good acting will just have to grit our teeth and close our eyes during the commercials.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

The studio and the actors involved have found a cash cow and are clearly milking it.

I really don't mind the later movies and to be honest if anything, their move from tiresome street racing Point Break remakes to bonkers pseudo-spy action movies has injected the life into them.

Would I want to see 3 more though? Not sure about that.

The new Star Wars movies hold the ridiculousness. Lucas attempted to add to his original trilogy and nearly destroyed what was good about the originals (Han shot first btw). Now we have new Star Wars movies surfacing and I cannot see any way they improve what has already been made. The only thing the producers can do at this point is defile the literary genius of the originals or produce a film that has no purpose except for making money.

The new Star Wars movies hold the ridiculousness. Lucas attempted to add to his original trilogy and nearly destroyed what was good about the originals (Han shot first btw). Now we have new Star Wars movies surfacing and I cannot see any way they improve what has already been made. The only thing the producers can do at this point is defile the literary genius of the originals or produce a film that has no purpose except for making money.
I suppose (putting aside the prequel trilogies faults for a moment) the difference with Star Wars is it is an expanded universe, which can be proliferated almost endlessly with new characters and time periods, unconstrained by normality due to its sci-fi roots.

F & F is a film about a bunch of blokes driving cars and robbing banks and doesn't have anywhere near the same scopr or size of universe to to play in. Its more analogous to horror films like Saw or Nightmare on Elm Street, one narrow band of potentail repeatedly exploited.

I saw the title of the thread and thought for sure it would be about the production of another Madea movie.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

^Lol, but I gotta say I disagree with the sentiment of this thread. The FF movies are ridiculous fun and they know it. Granted the rest of the sequels should be straight to video but the FF franchise is by no means the worst thing to come out of Hollywood in recent years.

Lord High Filmquisitor
What about the 'It's A Wonderful Life' sequel?
This was my first thought, although it seems increasingly likely to not get off the ground in earnest (as the studio backing it does not hold its copywrite).

Still, this series is pretty terrible (I was roped into seeing the first couple) and the financial / creative efforts that go into it would be best spent elsewhere.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
I don't take this as bad news because I don't believe that it affects me in any way.

I will simply ignore these movies.

Do we really need another Fast and Furious

I suppose (putting aside the prequel trilogies faults for a moment) the difference with Star Wars is it is an expanded universe, which can be proliferated almost endlessly with new characters and time periods, unconstrained by normality due to its sci-fi roots.
Yes, though if a crappy movie is produced (maybe this is only my opinion) I'd rather not have it affiliated with Star Wars.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Wonder how many other dead characters will be brought back from the dead.

Stupid movie franchise for stupid people.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Wonder how many other dead characters will be brought back from the dead.

Stupid movie franchise for stupid people.
No need to be harsh. Fast and Furious is a fun franchise, girls, action, and fast cars. I enjoy watching them, there by no means great films, but there fun. Damn some of you people are to serious.

Yes, though if a crappy movie is produced (maybe this is only my opinion) I'd rather not have it affiliated with Star Wars.
Fair enough.

The prequels are a bit rubbish but I could still sit and watch them and they have the fact that they get gradually better as they go on at least.

As for F&F if you like em, all power to ya. Just seems to be stretching the idea a bit thin to do 10.