Stalingrad (2013)

Tools    

Sooo,Fedor Bondarchuk,the man who directed one of the more known modern Russian movies "9 Rota"(9th Company) has been working lately on a new film about the major WW2 battle - the battle of Stalingrad.
The movie cost 30 million US dollars,was successful in Russia,it is the Oscar entry movie for Russia and,according to wiki,it's the first Russian movie in IMAX format and it's the first Russian movie "completely produced with 3D technology".

Check out the trailer )

Now,personally my expectations are quite low although,it should make a nice spectacle.I love the song "What a Wonderful World" cover sooo much inthis,hope it gets realeased.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
trailer looks pretty much promisisng

Just watched Fyodor Bondarchuk's Stalingrad.
The movie focuses on a small group of Russians who offer impressive resistance in an allready wasteland of the city. Interestingly, it parallels the love story of a brave and fierce German officer, their deadliest adversary.
I watched this movie dubbed in Mandarin ( which I don't understand ) but I still enjoyed it immensily.
Through rich character development the director gives us a microcosom of the famos siege.

Read Anthony Beevor's book about Stalingrad (which is brilliant by the way), its a fsacinting event in WW2 (the turning point some would argue). Would be interested in seeing this.

Weel,actually there's already one film made about Stalingrad that I am aware,it's pretty decent )

Enemy at the Gates?

Found the whole Russian cockneys thing a bit off-putting, Bob Hoskins in particular, plus the story is half made up which bothered me.

Looks nice though.

Not seen that one.

Sorry for being stupid there!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
9 Rota was probably the only Russian film I didn't like. Not sure if I want to see that one.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Other than the Pacific, Stalingrad was the one of the most horrific seige in WW II. If the film delves into the full actions took by the russian citizens in the surrounded city to survive, Ill be impressed. Ill look for this film to come out and watch it for sure.