Deadite reviews:

→ in
Tools    

I've seen this on TV, but never stayed for the whole thing. I agree that Adrian Brody seems like he's only there for credibility to the thing -- I mean, I keep thinking Predators must be amazing to have him in it. Especially after Alien vs. Predator: Requiem. I'll have to see it all for myself -- not sure about Jason Statham, but that sounds more like the right direction. Would be cool to see Sylvester Stallone battle predators, since Arnold Schwarzenegger already has.
Well, it certainly isn't amazing, but I think for fans it gets the job done. I enjoyed the movie despite its flaws, though I doubt I'll be rewatching it any time soon.

Statham was only one suggestion to point toward what I consider would have been a more appropriate lead for the role, as opposed to Brody. It was interesting to watch Brody try on an action hero persona but ultimately I think it was a failure.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Yeah, Brody looks more like he'd be suited to play one of the supporting characters, one of the other fighters, who may or may not live.

Yeah, Brody looks more like he'd be suited to play one of the supporting characters, one of the other fighters, who may or may not live.
It would have been even more interesting, to me, to have seen Brody play the doctor. I wonder what he would have done with such a part. If you haven't seen the end of the film, you probably don't get what I'm referring to, though.

Nice review; I tend to feel the same way overall about the film. I like several of the ideas in it very much, but not enough to give the film higher than

That said, I like Adrien Brody in pretty much everything he's ever done.

I'm with you on Brody; He's one of my favorite actors. Even though I couldn't fully buy into the movie as it was, I always find him watchable.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
sounds about right. I was digging the flick until Fishburn reared his ugly head.

Suspect's Reviews

i wasn't a massive fan of predators myself, i had the same problem with Brody.

Well, when you put it that way, Ludinator, I don't see what's so bad about him.

Well, when you put it that way, Ludinator, I don't see what's so bad about him.
he just couldnt pull the badass off, tho he did better than i thort he would he still didn't pull it off.

Never been much of a fan of Brody, though he does seem talented. I haven't seen this film yet but he looks impressively strong in the picture Ludz has of him. Much more built than I thought he would look.

The Road

I doubt I will ever see another film from the post-apocalypse subgenre that so powerfully and realistically captures the atmosphere of futility and despair of existing in a dead end world. The closest I can think of is Time of the Wolf.

The story is deceptively simple: A father and son make their way through the wasteland remains of America, heading for the coast. Out of that premise comes a series of scenes, moments, which are starkly beautiful, at times filled with suspense erupting into sudden terror, all ultimately combining to form a painfully honest picture of human endurance.

Moments such as the Father showing his son how to properly put a pistol in his mouth and kill himself, if it must come to that. Their encounters with other people are seldom pleasant; Many have turned cannibal to survive.

The film is not unrelentingly grim, though the subject matter makes this mostly unavoidable; Nor should it be avoided, if the film is to be true to itself. Still, there are a precious few glimpses of happiness, peace, even joy and wonder.

The Father is played by Viggo Mortenson, in an impressive, humble performance. Kodi Smit-Mcphee is equally impressive as the Son, believably evincing his character's combination of naive youthfulness and solemn maturity that results from a child who has grown up too fast.

Other players in the film only add to the sense of documentary realism. Robert Duvall's small but key part lends his usual touch of humanity to a film so uncompromising that it borders on alienating the audience. Charlize Theron, in the Father's dreams and recollections, as a wife and mother broken by their harsh new world. Guy Pearce, as another Father, adds his own small contribution near the film's end.

The impact of the film cannot be overstated. It puts the lie to bubblegum sci-fi actioners such as Book of Eli, revealing their superficial charm and excitement as the hollow escapist fantasy it really is.

The Road is not an escapist fantasy. It is a work of art, with genuine emotional depth, remarkable cinematography, and great tension. It is not an "easy" film. It is not a "fun" one.

It is honest, and haunting, and for those able and willing to invest in the struggle of these two people, it is an unforgettable experience.

9/10

Skyline

Don't look, period.

Back when I first saw trailers for Skyline, I got the impression it could be a cool sci-fi film. It reminded me of Independence Day, except played straight; a genuine alien invasion thriller, mature and scary.

Never mind all that, though. Skyline sucks, for the most part, and here's the short and sweet reasons why: It has no characters and no plot.

The FX look okay, yet the alien designs are cobbled together from various sources. The action scenes lack real tension or excitement because the people it's all happening to are flat annoying dumb ciphers who act so listlessly that it constantly distances the viewer from the story, making sympathizing with their plight impossible.

Calling it a story is a joke, though. The film literally & figuratively goes nowhere.

So, a joke to sum up: What has flashing blue lights, eats brains, and is boring as *****? This movie.

3/10

Skyline is unoriginal sci/fi trash. Terrible film.
I don't think there was a moment in the entire film that wasn't borrowed. The players were all embarassingly amateurish, and that ending had me rolling my eyes.

I pretty much gave up near the middle, switched off, and tried to enjoy the eye candy. Even then, I was pretty glad when it was over because the acting was so obnoxiously bad.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Skyline was insanely awful. I think I lasted 20 minutes before I turned if off. Ugh.

I'm surprised this many people are saying they hate it without any of them adding a caveat about the last 10 minutes. It was definitely a bad movie, but it actually feels like the prelude to a moderately interesting one, given the ending.

I'm surprised this many people are saying they hate it without any of them adding a caveat about the last 10 minutes. It was definitely a bad movie, but it actually feels like the prelude to a moderately interesting one, given the ending.
I understand where you're coming from, and the idea presented at the end does appeal to me. BUT a last minute spark of interest does not justify all that preceding lameness.

In fact, I didn't hate it as much as it might seem. I felt overall that it was a big meh....but I lowered my score mostly because the actors seemed to be phoning it in, and that movie desperately needed some engaging human drama.

Will I check out the sequel? Probably, if it uses that ending as its storyline basis. I'm a sucker for sci-fi and horror, and willing to give those genres more leeway.

Which is why I sit through stuff like C. Thomas Howell's War of the Worlds.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...homas%20howell