The Videogames Tab

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Wow. That's impressive. Nice flip-catch with the eraser!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

there's a frog in my snake oil
Wow. That's impressive. Nice flip-catch with the eraser!
The general physics on the objects is really good. You can flip a bleach bottle and catch it and it’ll do the number of spins you’d expect from the force applied. (Not, like, with sloshing bleach inside though, it’s not that good ). The weight seems a bit 2 note (light and heavy), but things like spare tyres, which need 2 hands to wrangle, will roll and then coin-tumble to a stop in pleasing ways

Luzzing things and hitting your mark is definitely satisfying

(One slight disappointment is that you can’t really melee with objects. I think the headcrab victims may flinch from smaller thrown objects, but they’re so flappy & erratic it’s hard to be sure. I can see why the decision was made too - things get much more gruesome very quickly when you’re wrangling living ragdolls up close. Still feels like a minor missed beat at the mo though).

Dead headcrabs look like plucked chickens.

It is disturbing.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Well ain't that nifty. Of course, now it gives me more to consider. I already keep weird hours, so I would get some nice varied gameplay out of Animal Crossing.

But then again it also sounds annoying AF.
Gotta agree with Tacitus on this one. I've played Animal Crossings on my Wii (I forget which iteration, though), and that real time thing is annoying. I stopped playing for a while when real life kicked in and came back to find the seasons had changed--as they do in real life--and it really threw me off.

At least in Stardew Valley, when you come back after being away, your crops haven't completely wilted or overgrown on you! Plus, there is a little bit of combat in the mines if you like or want that sort of thing. A gazillion little things to do.

I saw a notification that C O N T R O L had an update on my system last night. I'm curious, but for as much as I devoured that game on release, I've found it difficult to return to. The last DLC update was interesting, and I did play it for a night or two, but the momentum I felt from the progressive game play had weakened. While offering a new environment (or at least, deeper access within a particular level), it was just more mission work and little for story development or character arc.

I don't know what the latest expansion is or if it's even an expansion at all, but I may look at it at some point this weekend. Man, that upsets me that I'm not as excited as I feel I should be!

I guess I'm satisfied enough with Warcraft. I'm slowly grinding my druid and currently sit at level 24. I've applied a few macros to help with shape shifting and casting off heals while I'm DPSing. That's helped save click time and has prevented at least one or three deaths. My character is finally starting to hold his own in small groups now that skills are compounding benefits. I can solo a lot easier now than levels in my teens, so I feel that I'm making gains. Enough to keep me invested. So I don't really need C O N T R O L at the moment. If that game ever took me the way it did when I first started it, likely I wouldn't play anything else until completion again. I'm not sure I want to devote so much to it again. Not now.

I wish that I could start a new game without having to delete all my current progress. That would be pretty awesome.

Box-Fanned & Consoled Nobility
You guys should really try to keep the topics more concise and start new topics every once in a while.....

The thread off of the OP's post is practically one long 800 page run-on sentence...........

Well, it's a Tab, so it's meant to go on and on.

We spin off individual threads when a particular game merits it, but this has worked pretty well. We don't seem to have quite enough video game talk to necessitate restarting it over and over.

Yeah, and most posts (at least from when I started in here) are one-off, FYI types that act more or less as an announcement of some coming title, a current purchase, or some short-lived documentation of progress. Most don't get but a reply or two, if that. Being a movie forum that makes sense for movies. Game talk, however, is just bonus for all of maybe five or so people here.

Gaming tabulation:

Still playing Half Life Alyx. It is still ace.

For excessive off topic thoughts on Virtual Reality see my dedicated thread. It is always on topic.

And always in the miscellaneous section of a movie site for some reason

The trick is not minding
Gotta love it when a new member comes on to complain about our various threads. 🙄
This is the second time filet has made a trolling remark on an existing thread. And I’m keeping an eye on the third one.

Welcome to the human race...
I like seeing the tab described as an 800-page run-on sentence. Feels like a Joyce novel.

@ "Gotta love it when a new member comes on to complain about our various threads. 🙄
This is the second time filet has made a trolling remark on an existing thread. And I’m keeping an eye on the third one. "

I made the 800 page comment because who is going to read 800 pages on a jumble of multiple, disorganized topics?

I made a suggestion to make the thread[s] better...

I can see if I made a comment just to be mean with no suggestion[s] of how the thread[s] could be improved, but I didn't......

I don't think that is a derisive comment at all.....

@ "Gotta love it when a new member comes on to complain about our various threads. 🙄
This is the second time filet has made a trolling remark on an existing thread. And I’m keeping an eye on the third one. "

I made the 800 page comment because who is going to read 800 pages on a jumble of multiple, disorganized topics?

I made a suggestion to make the thread[s] better...

I can see if I made a comment just to be mean with no suggestion[s] of how the thread[s] could be improved, but I didn't......

Oh and no thank you as to thirds---I just had lunch actually am I am quite full.....hahaha

*insert sense of humor here*

Just jump in and start a convo. Dont worry about what's been written. Likely its not relevant anymore anyway. The few unrelated conversations that overlap are easy enough to follow once you learn who's who and user names.

Oh and no thank you as to thirds---I just had lunch actually am I am quite full.....hahaha

*insert sense of humor here*
Hello friend!

You have not yet succeeded at tabulating your gameplaying activity, but I believe in you!

I think with focus, dedication, and just the right amount of inserted humour, you too can roll down this barbiturate-stained On the Road scroll with us, cataloguing your capricious thoughts and glancing insights for the prickly pleasure of perpetuity.

That day has not yet come. But mayhap, lawks a lawdy, by the power invested in all of us, I believe it could well do.

Now if you will excuse me, I must tabulate:

---

Day 6:

I like the wood and the metal. The wood and the metal are good.

Nobody, but nobody's expecting anyone to, either. It's an ongoing discussion and people occasionally search it for older opinions. Works fine that way. But this particular thread is not really what prompted the response. See below.

Yeah, they're referring to the pattern, not just the one comment. You've bumped other threads and just posted the emoji in one of them, for example, and you were dismissive of someone in The Shoutbox who's going through a hard time. That last one was particularly strange/cold.

Basically, it's weird to have a brand new member come in and tell people how to act, and act familiar, and make light of other people's problems, as if they know everyone already.

This isn't the thread to discuss this, though. Send me a message if you'd like to continue talking about it.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Guess who bought a vg? Yeps. A nice trashy piece of boy racer rubbish filled with dead-eyed character models and woeful dialogue.