Tyler1's Favourite 50 Films

→ in
Tools    

No, I think I've cleared all this up now with Tyler. Basically I misunderstood the explaination for this thread the first time around. All my fault.

As for the list.... I'll post it at some point. Maybe just the list and then fill in some detail later. That way at least it'll be done.

As for the list.... I'll post it at some point.
Lies!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Love Brazil & Wall-E, and Unforgiven is my second favourite Eastwood film (that he starred in).

Bergman the legend...
Honeykid's LIST the legend!

I'd give rep just for posting it, even if I hated every film.

34. Last Year At Marienbad (Resnais, 1961)

33. Grave Of The Fireflies (Takahata, 1985)

32. Blade Runner (Scott, 1982)

31. Sunrise: A Tale Of Two Humans (Murnau, 1927)

And number 30...

30. The Maltese Falcon (Huston, 1941)

Moving on very quickly ...

29. Lord Of The Rings (Jackson, 2001-2003)

28. Pulp Fiction (Tarantino, 1994)

27. Sunset Boulevard (Wilder, 1950)

26. Chinatown (Polanski, 1974)

25. Ikiru (Kurosawa, 1952)

That's it guys, my top 25-29

Who's going to believe a talking head?
Ooh... Sunset Boulevard Excellent Hollywood (or anti-hollywood) movie.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Maybe this is the wrong place. Me? I loved people asking me ridiculous questions about my Top List, but I'm still dying for people who namedrop flicks such as Persona (Sexy says he hates that one - it's nowhere as legit as a Medea flick) or many of the other ones I've posted around here.) Even so, every mention of a flick goes unanswered. That's why I've basically shut down and nobody gives a crap. You guys make your own choices and that's the way it should be, whether it works in the context of the site or not.

Persona

Marienbad

The reason I'm withdrawing right about now (and I know that nobody cares) has to do with the fact that people like to catfight rather than debate film. Later, Gators.