New Batman Begins pics

Tools    

this one is my favorite

http://outnow.ch/Media/Img/2005/Batm...full=1&print=1

Originally Posted by jrs
Vintage?
Yeah, the image of him dropping down on the villains with the look of a bat. It's been done many times in comic book scenes and even on the other batman movies but i still love it.

Another is when he looks down on the streets in the pouring rain all curled up with his cape overhanging the object he is resting on. Kind of like this one but I need that rain to be fullfilled.

Check out the new ones at Joblo.com Good Scarecrow shots.

Joblo.com
And found he was eating his shoe.

hey thats a new one! i havent seen that one...

Personally...I did not like any Batman movies other than Batman and Batman Returns

Just a fanboy here.

Not sure if you guys know this this movie is not connected to the last set of movies. Its not a prequel and there is a reason too. To give an analogy to best grasp on to this: Adam West's Batman and Michael Keaton's Batman - they are not connected in continuity but rather in name really.

Anyways here are few treats

The reason why they restarted the premise of the Batman mythos that were the problems developed in the original movie franchise (which I will address). By fixing these points they can bring on different new stories to the franchise.

What are some of these problems and how are they addressed? Namely in this new one, the Batman is a man who truely trained his body and intellect. Bale at 6'0+ and 200+ pounds is not small guy compared to the 5'10 Keaton Bats. He is not an everyman like say Peter Parker. The intimidation of the character is very crucial. He does not really rely on his gadget as much as portrayed in the previous movie. But stealth, wit and intimidation. With this scare factor he is just some bloke running around in tights.

I am kind of shocked how many people didn't know this but in the comics, his parents were never murdered by the Joker but by Joe Chill (do a search yourself on the internet). This is fundamental in how Bats is built up: that it was not story of revenge on one man but the idea the forces of Gotham created the thug Chill and initates Batman's quest in purging these forces (corrupt institutions, thugs, criminals etc..). Moreover (this is part of the synopsis on the main site), the man who murders his parents gets killed and he never gets his revenge. Nolan states how Batman was persona originally created temporarily in purging Gotham of corruption, but in the end many people followed suit and "super villians" are created and thus creates this vicious cycles. The key point here is the scope - in Burton's story the director intended a 1 movie thing so that is why he concluded the story with Batman killing Joker. But of course it didn't. In the comics, the idea is that Batman is like in some purgutory, an endless battle.

Finally there is the persona issue not really dealt properly in the original 4 movies. There is 3 sides to him (some debate about this but hear me out). Bruce acts like a snobbish playboy on purpose. He does this so people don't get suspcious about his alter ego. This was something covered in the original Batman Year One comics, in fact Gordon was originally suspcious that Bruce or Harvey Dent was Batman because they were really the only person in Gotham to have the resources or drive to facilitate such scheme. His Batman ego is of course more reminiscent of the 89 Batman but think a bit more snarlish/tough (a pissed off yet calculating Clint Eastwood). Finally there is the desolate Bruce (again more reminiscent of the Keaton when he broods outside of costume) the true figure. Both Playboy/Bats are extension of this one guy.

Anyways, I hope this explains a few things to the newbies or people who thought this was a prequel.

I almost forgot this, fundamental in this new interpretation of Batman begins is the no kill rule. Now yes, in the original Bob Kane books, he did kill he even carried a gun to do the deed. But it was taken out shortly.

There is a case to be made that many of the best and most recognizable stories about Batman are the ones where he doesn't kill. Go search on Amazon and find the most acclaimed hardbacks and do a little reading. I would start off with Batman Year One. You will find in all those stories he does not kill and in some instances could have.

This WILL be addressed in the movie. In fact this little thing is the catalyst for Bruce's self imposed exile (goes around the world to learn from several masters). The fact he intended to kill - he had to rethink his methods and approaches in channeling his rage. For him to kill mean't he was no better than the man who murdered his parents. This was a missed point in the Burton Batman, he killed quite a bit without much remorse. Characters and stories evolve, and one of the more grounded canons that took time to establish. One could say that if he had no qualms with killing he would be the Punisher, I mean literally the Punisher - that is a more efficient method of vigilantism/killing. But this is not the case.

Thus, another crucial factor in restarting the series to straighten this out.

I know my post is a bit long but I haven't been searching up this forum for a bit before posting - found some people were detracted that it is a prequel, which it is not.

As for the pics. Well a lot of sites have been removing them, I was too lazy to upload all of them. I put the two that were clear shots of him.

Meh. I don't like how the Scarecrow looked in that superbowl trailer posted a while ago. It's just some guy with a messed up sack over his head with tears in it to make it look like a face!!
I thought it was going to be more horrific...but i guess i expect too much.
Anyways, this batman looks like it should be OK.

Originally Posted by MOVIE_bug
Meh. I don't like how the Scarecrow looked in that superbowl trailer posted a while ago. It's just some guy with a messed up sack over his head with tears in it to make it look like a face!!
I thought it was going to be more horrific...but i guess i expect too much.
Anyways, this batman looks like it should be OK.
Scarecrow always had a sack on his head, all scarecrows do, he looks awesome.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Scarecrow always had a sack on his head, all scarecrows do, he looks awesome.

I was just gonna say the same thing. BTW, not only does The Scarecrow wear the sack, but a hat as well.

Originally Posted by Paradoxium
Just a fanboy here...

Anyways, I hope this explains a few things to the newbies or people who thought this was a prequel.
Great post! I think this movie is going to ROCK!

May 18th on channel 11. Their including Batman Begins footage from the movie in Smallville's foruth season finale.