Tools    

So many good movies, so little time.
Mystic River
American Me
Sleepers

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

american history x

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
any reason why you don't want to see a movie again you thought was good?

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Passion of the Christ is a movie i'd only see around the easter/christmas time just to reflect on my faith. that movie is too hardcore for me when i saw it in the theaters.

If I ever have to watch The Patriot again I might just shoot myself. Although I thought The Patriot was good, if you had watched it and nothing else for a whole week, you wouldn't want to either. (that's an exxageration, it wasn't the only thing I did, but it was the only form of entertainment I saw for a week)
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
any reason why you don't want to see a movie again you thought was good?
Elephant, while amazingly impressive from almost all cinematic angles, made me have no hope for humanity. As soon as I got done watching it I had to be around people.

I Stand Alone - There's a scene were the main character beats his pregnant wife and kills the baby. I think me molests his retarded daughter too. Wierd stuff. Wierd movie. Wierd style, one I like though. It's in French too, scary stuff. I'd recommend it.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
Schindler's List

I don't like to rewatch super-sad movies. THey might be wonderful, but meh. Once is enough.
Ditto

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
I Stand Alone - It's in French too, scary stuff. I'd recommend it.
uh, you mean French is scary???????????

I have no intentons of watching the following again, although I see them as good films:

Gerry - Slow, but brilliantly done.
Elephant - pretty much ditto.

Orange County........actually I just never wanna see that movie again.

the 4 hour version of once upon a time in america. It was a great movie, but i could never sit through it again.

Originally Posted by jonlix
the 4 hour version of once upon a time in america. It was a great movie, but i could never sit through it again.
You should try sitting through the upcoming extended edition of LOTR: ROTK, i've heard it clocks in at just under 5 hours.

As for good movies I don't want to see again, I'd have to say Elephant, for the same reasons as OG.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by Miles
Passion of the Christ is a movie i'd only see around the easter/christmas time just to reflect on my faith. that movie is too hardcore for me when i saw it in the theaters.

and it's just a bad movie. Watch The Last Temptation of Christ instead.

"I can't help it..."
Elephant (Gus Van Sant, 2003)
The Passion Of The Christ (Mel Gibson, 2004)
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

godfather to damn long

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
and it's just a bad movie. Watch The Last Temptation of Christ instead.
Excuse me, mam. You thought Passion of the Christ was "just a bad movie?" Freddy Got Fingered is "just a bad movie." The Batman with Arnold is "just a bad movie." The Last Temptation of Christ is a bomb movie fo' sho', but if the person's trying to watch something to reflect on their faith, how is that movie going to help that? Passion of the Christ is a dope'a'thon movie. Temptation is a bomb movie. Passion is obviously better when trying to watch something to remind yourself of the sacrafice God and Jesus made. Temptation doesn't do that.